Help!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JazzyPat, Jan 2, 2021.

1. JazzyPat

JazzyPat New Member

I'm an old guy, pushing 70, never owned a stock in my life ( boy, I wish i had ) and never too late, I guess.

I know shit about stocks, other than the fact I read a book on the theory behind them, some 50 years ago.

I'm a retired photographer and jazz musician. My best investment was buying a house, and paying for it.

that's it.

2. MarkITRight

MarkITRight Member

Hi and Welcome JazzyPat!

A retired photographer and jazz musician with a paid-off house, sounds like you're living every millennial's dream!

I'd recommend looking at the educational section of this site link.
    The sticky threads are a great place to start and I'd read them all.

I'd suggest looking at Teach me Technical Analysis thread to understand how stocks move technically.
    @T0rm3nted also has a great thread on General Investing recommendations which has tons of books and resources to get you started.

If you're an absolute beginner then don't feel bad starting with Stock Investing for Dummies; most people actually don't understand the basics and it costs them. Then you can easily pick books from T0rmented's thread. A few hours of reading will drastically increase your returns and save you from the starting pitfalls that everyone makes.

Sadly (and excitingly for you) I can say that if you were to follow these two threads you'd be far ahead of most regular investors.

Best of luck investing!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome @JazzyPat, hope to see you around!