Hey All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wolfie, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

I'm new to stock trading (getting into to prove something to a teacher) and i want to know if theres a tool online or an app you can download (preferably for free) that'll tell you when a stock drops by a certain percentage. I found some that do that but they only tell you if its a specific stock that you have to manually look up and put in or if it drops to a certain dollar amount. I'm looking for something that can at least semi-automate my buying and selling. Also any sites you know of that would be good for trading would be very much appreciated

TomB16 likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Wolfie.

Best wishes to you. I'm confident both you and your teacher will learn something from this.

3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Wolfie, I hope you share your journey and learnings from automated trading.

I'm an investor so I have no relevant knowledge to share. If someone has this information, I wonder why they would share but I'm sure a few would. Automated platforms are a google search away.

A couple of friends have tried to convince me to get into HFT back around 2010. Both have told me they make tons of money with it. Both still work conventional careers.