Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by clockw0rk, Aug 4, 2018.

1. clockw0rk

clockw0rk New Member

Hi fellow traders/investors, I've been studying some courses on trading. Specifically I'm studying The Chart Guys course on entry and exit points.

They cover "bearish entries" and I don't know what a "bearish entry" is defined as?

Is a bearish entry a point where you're attempting to sell a stock? If so, shouldn't it be called a bearish exit instead of an "entry"?

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Welcome, clockw0rk.

I'm choking on the term "bearish entry". I would translate that to, "A price that would entice you to buy a stock you don't like and are pessimistic regarding it's future."

Bear = grumpy, pessimistic, negative

Why someone would buy a stock they are grumpy about, at any price, is beyond me.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe "bearish entry" is in relation to shorting a stock? Entering a trade with a negative outlook (thinking the stock price will go down).

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Yes. I think so.

I hang out with value traders and they talk about value low and bear low. I extended that idea but it makes more sense on the short side.

... and, for the life of me, I have no idea why someone would buy a company they don't like, just because it's really cheap.

5. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member