I got $1000 to invest ETFs or individual shares?

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Destro, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Destro

Destro New Member

Hi all, I've got $1000 that I want to invest in the US stock market however I'm torn which way to go. Do invest all in an ETF or individual stock that has the potential to grow over the next 5+ years or spread across FAANG stocks as these stocks are consistent year on year? Hoping to seek some advice

2. WXYZ

WXYZ Well-Known Member

A poster named....Chris Eastman....at one time gave me some info about the NASDAQ 100 ETF......QQQ. I think this ETF would be a very good one for you to take a look at. It will give diversity over 100 different companies.....and......contains a significant weighting of ALL the big FANG and other hot tech names. It has strong growth potential.....AND....would be in line with your thinking of spreading the money across FAANG stocks.

Check it out....perhaps Chris will see this and give you more info about this Index.

Destro likes this.
  3. Destro

Destro New Member

thanks for that! I will have a look at this ticker!

4. David Teutsch

David Teutsch New Member

5. David Teutsch

David Teutsch New Member

FCX has been steadily moving upwards for almost a year now and Blackrock has increased its ownership as well. Price of copper has been going up for quite some time and FCX is one if the world's largest copper miners.