If found inside information regarding Amazon Inc & MYDX Inc online can i get busted for using it?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thecto777, Jul 10, 2017.

1. thecto777

thecto777 New Member

So here's my question after spending all weekend doing mad research of some tip I found online of leaked documents in relation to Amazon building an addition to their Alexa device which has a chemical profile analyzer amongst other things including a possible acquisition of MYDX late 2017 to acquire their patented technology. Even tho this information being leaked was illegal can I get into trouble if a rack up several million shares of their stock? Would it still be considered inside trading even tho this information was leaked publicly?

Attached Files:

StockJock-e likes this.
  2. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it would be considered "public knowledge" if it is posted on the internet - Even if Illegally, but I am not a lawyer and don't take my answer as such.

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Short answer is no under your scenario, not insider trading. But, consider the "leak" a little bit. Who leaked it? How do you know this is not a controlled leak designed to pull you in with totally false or misleading information.

Foresaken, fireopal and tbw875 like this.
  4. Foresaken

Foresaken New Member

Of what use would a chemical profile analyzer be to an Alexa device :confused:

Quite the "aquasition" indeed.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

There probably is a law concerning the passing of counterfeit documents not to mention civil proceedings brought by the known 3rd richest man on the planet or perhaps you'll only be placed under perpetual surveillance by the corporatacracy's secret police. I would recommend routinely sweeping for bugs and moving into a large Faraday cage.

#5 Onepoint272, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017