Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

***Important Announcement for this week***

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly let you all know that I am more than likely going to be needing to cancel all of next week's daily competitions, and perhaps the monthly comp for November as well.

I got a call early this morning that my grandmother has passed away. :( This news comes as quite the shocker for my family and myself. My grandma had been in and out of medical care for the past few months, and even suffered a pretty bad fall just the other month, but the recovery was coming along well. So, to get this sudden news is quite stunning for all of us. :(

I am going to be flying out with my family tomorrow AM and won't be back until late next week or by the weekend.

This means that I am unfortunately going to be needing to cancel all of this week's daily contests, including the market direction.

I plan to resume just as soon as I get back. Should be this week only.

The weekly format will still operate as per normal.

However, it's very possible that I may need to cancel our upcoming monthly comp for November as well.

Anyway, I will try to post an update in here once I'm back and should hopefully be able to resume everything from the following week.

Hope everyone has a good final trading week of the month and great trading month of November ahead!

Catch up with you all soon.

thx,
    -Cy.

2. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

We know that no words can help ease the pain and loss that you are feeling right now. Take care your family first Cy

Three Eyes likes this.
  3. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Sorry for the loss :( Take care Cy and spend all the time that you need with your family. We will see you again here when you are ready

Three Eyes likes this.
  4. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Sincerest condolences. Hope you find comfort among your family sustained by good memories of your grandmother.

5. ESMac_Magnaye

ESMac_Magnaye New Member

My deepest condolence Cy :( ,
    Take care out there and God Bless

6. Marvan

Marvan Active Member

Sincerest condolence !

7. Stoch

Stoch Active Member

Sorry to hear the sad news, Take all the time you need, its a tough time for you and the family I'm sure.

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Our condolences Cy, take all the time you need.

9. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

You must go, safe travels.

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry for your loss Cy :(

11. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Wow, thank you everyone.

This is such an amazing community with caring members. This seriously cannot be said enough times Much love to all of you.

So I just got back from Asheville this morning. We cut the trip short by a day because the funeral services were held on Monday so everything was pretty much wrapped very early on in the week.

Overall, I was very pleased with how everything went, seriously could not have gone any better imo, and the weather was absolutely fantastic for the burial on Monday (raining yesterday and today).

I had an extremely close relationship with my grandmother, her memories will live forever. It was an unbelievably difficult week for me, but kinda relieved it's now over.

I'm trying to be strong and celebrate the memories and not dwell on the past too much.

Really appreciate everyone that took the time to chime in here. You guys are the best. Thank again all. :)

12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Whelp, a little premature on my part about "being back" lol. Looks like I am driving to Florida tomorrow morning.

I will be there until Thursday. So, looks like I will again be needing to call off this week's daily stock picking comp threads. Sorry about that guys!

However, for this week I think we could just go ahead and run the daily market direction. Should be no issues there I don't think. But, definitely would not be able to run daily picks for Tuesday through Friday.

Catch up with everyone next weekend and apologies for this super short notice!

13. Three Eyes

No worries. Safe travels. At least I-95 is a straight, flat, cruise-control drive, and Mondays usually light traffic.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  14. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

All good Cy, see you again later this week

bigbear0083 likes this.
  15. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

@bigbear0083
    Cy, sorry for your loss.
    Stay strong, friend.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to quickly bring to y'alls attention that I will MIA on the forums here from this coming Wednesday thru Saturday.

I wasn't actually planning to go anywhere for the Thanksgiving Day holiday this year, but my folks had made some late plans here to take a short trip out to Asheville for the holiday and also invited me to join them. :D

This will of course only affect the "daily" participants of the stock competitions. As the weekly and monthly will continue to run through year end.

I am thinking of just canceling Wednesday's and Friday's threads, so no stock picks or market direction for either of those days.

I feel this is the one holiday where everyone should be with their families/friends, and not worry about logging in here to make stock picks or market calls around this major holiday. :p

So, much like that week when my grandmother had passed away, Wednesday and Friday will be completely called off. No picks or market direction.

I should be back by Saturday to update Tuesday's comp.

Anyway, as you guys all know by now (from this post here) next month will be the final month for me running the competitions after 7 years running them continuously.

2020 will be my "break" year if you will, but it's possible I could bring the comps back by 2021, or even by midyear 2020. I don't really know right now, but for now I am thinking at least a couple of months break to start next year at the very least.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families! Please enjoy this time off and don't even worry about logging in here for the contests cause there will be none after Tuesday of this week haha.

Will catch up with everyone this weekend! ;)

Marvan likes this.
  17. Three Eyes

Bingo! Safe travels and have a GREAT holiday!

bigbear0083 likes this.