investement advice for a starting a portfolio?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by michael365, Oct 10, 2017.

1. michael365

michael365 New Member

I am 20 years old and completely new to investing, I have 0 debts with about $130,000 in savings with more to come. I wanted to know how easy it is to hire someone to manage my portfolio and to invest for me, how much money I should start out with and how much money I can except to return. any advice would help. thank you!

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

There are many types of services you could get that would manage your money for you but I doubt you'll find a reputable one that would predict returns. If you can't manage your own stuff then I would recommend something like TD Ameritrade (that's who I broker with) and their selective portfolios. Look at that here: https://www.tdameritrade.com/invest...management-services/selective-portfolios.page

Also, If you care to learn (takes an investment in time) you could setup your own stuff with long term type investments that only require a little time on weekends to check on them and maybe more time once a quarter to make sure fundamentals are not changing. Kudo's to you though for recognizing the need to do this. Good Luck

michael365 likes this.
  3. michael365

michael365 New Member

thank you I really appreciate it