Is Adam Feuerstein the most feared man in biotech?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by fireopal, Jul 25, 2017.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — When he tweets, stocks tumble. And biotech executives quake.

Often angry, always skeptical, Adam Feuerstein may be the most feared journalist covering the biotech industry. He digs deep into the science to take down companies that he believes overhype their drugs, distort their data, or make ridiculously grandiose promises.

And then he takes to Twitter to have a little fun. Feuerstein has called biotech CEOs “dumbass,” “douche canoe,” and “stem-cell smoothie peddler.” He has referred to financial analysts as “moron” and “dipshit.” In his telling, several companies making bold claims were peddling nothing more than “diluted bleach water.” A top public relations exec was a “human oil slick.” Another PR firm? “Idiots.” And those are just the insults we can print.

“I have an itchy trigger finger on hypocrisy,” Feuerstein told STAT over beer at Lord Hobo, his favorite bar here, a stone’s throw from the biotech hub of Kendall Square.... Continue reading > https://www.statnews.com/2016/05/02/adam-feuerstein-biotech/

2. fireopal

Might just be a coincidence or maybe there is something to the above b/c saw how articles/tweets from this man crashed OCUL & NVAX so i plan on paying more attention to his twitter feed with my Bio plays!

3. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

He used to be pretty good.
    I haven't followed him in a while.

fireopal likes this.
  4. fireopal

^^ lol have been keeping a close eye on him since OCUL & he got another one today via a tweet that had a huge red candle popping up but stock rebounded nicely.

OldFart likes this.
  5. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Ugh. I have made it this long without twitter. I must really love stocks if im considering getting it just to follow stock tweets. Now him. I remember back in the day, carl icahn tweeted AAPL was undervalued, and some of our HSM AAPL options boys had a day they will remember forever.

Sorry. Not to derail. But it is relevant to twitter and following the right people can help your trades.

OldFart likes this.
  6. fireopal

^^ When it comes to bio plays and since tweets from this man have messed with 3 of my plays within the last couple months, I AM checking his tweets pretty regularly now & posted that his tweet happened right around the same time as that big red candle which blew my ECYT stop right out of the water - was unreal how quick that thing dropped :eek: but fortunately, his tweet was lukewarm so stock rebounded but that was not the case with OCUL b/c he had much to say about that one!! Also don't have to sign up to read what he has to say either

OldFart likes this.