Jim BooDog

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jim BooDog, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jim BooDog

Jim BooDog Active Member

Special thanks to Ciao for the invite here!! Looks like you guys have done an exceptional job putting the board together. I like the format.

I'm a swing trader.

By simply saying that you have to understand that it may take years to figure out what kind of trader you are. And that can also be costly. I started in 2006 and it took, is taking years. I am still learning and will hopefully continue learning. Finding those that have the experience and seeing them in action is priceless. Yet, I have found that you don't need to pay hundreds even thousands to learn to trade with the right people on a free site. Kudos to this board for being one of those sites. Thank you :). Ciao mentioned this was another board and recently moved to create this one. I don't know all the details. I do look forward to seeing the action here as time allows. I work full time so getting to this site may be limited. Most of my plays are big boards under $5 but not in stone since I do venture to the OTC once in a while if it's something I like. I also manage my own retirement which is under the governments TSP (similar to the traditional 401K). Learning what I have so far has helped me immensely with that. I stay very much in touch with overall markets as a matter of survival.
    My strong area is market/stock analysis more on the technical side though as a swing trader I also dig into the fundamentals. Even if for a day trade I at least try and look at a quick view of the fundamentals and bounce that off of what the pumper sites, PR's etc are pushing. If I comment and you don't understand, or, most important, you think I'm full of it, please call me on it. I consider when I'm on a board, I'm part of a team. Working together is how we can make a difference down the road. Looking forward to "meeting" everyone here.

That's me for starters. :)

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome!

You raise a great point there.

Ive done everything from penny stocks to FOREX and it took me a long time to get to the point where I can make a few swing trades and be satisfied that Im trading the right way for me.

The only way to figure it out is by trail and error, and time!

Jim BooDog likes this.
  3. Jim BooDog

Jim BooDog Active Member

I just saw the banner that this was once Hotstockmarket HSM. I was also a member there as BooDog. :) Though, not very active :confused:
    Hope to be more active here.

4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome back JimBooDog. I hear you in terms of still learning. I've been doing this for about 5 years now and still feel like a rookie.

Jim BooDog likes this.
  5. Jim BooDog

Jim BooDog Active Member

Thanks Jerry! Like your quote!

6. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

BooDog nice to see you here...... hope you come more often on the Daily thread... I miss your tips + services

don't be modest you are an excellent "swinger" an d a $$$ maker :D

7. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

From one swing trader to another welcome aboard Jim BooDog. Like you I look at the fundamentals to lower the chances of getting any downgrades while I am in the middle of a trade. I trade out of my IRA and send myself distributions accordingly.

Jim BooDog likes this.