Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

May 2020 Community Stock Picking Contest

Discussion in 'Stock Picking Contests' started by bigbear0083, May 3, 2020.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Hey guys! Just for the fun of it I have decided that I will run another community contest for this month.

I won't post all of the details in this thread, so if you're interested to get an idea of what exactly this community contest is like, you can simply check out my thread from February 2019.

Basically, in this monthly contest, you guys are going up against my other 2 stock communities. r/StockMarket and the Discord Live Chat.

Anyway, without getting into further ado, here I present the community contest spreadsheet and the Google form.

Please report any issues with either my spreadsheet or the form pronto.

GLTA and may the best community take it this month! :D

Click the button below to view the May 2020 contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

EMBEDDED SHEET:

Click the button below to submit your monthly picks via the Google Form-
    [​IMG]

EMBEDDED FORM:

2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

BTW all, we will need a minimum of at least 7 participants for this monthly community challenge.

Ideally I would like to get up to 10 participants, but I honestly don't know if we'll get that many from each community by tomorrow's market open.

We'll see I guess.

3. hitman

hitman Active Member

CAT short from $110.88.

4. Stoch

Stoch Well-Known Member

Solar tech short and staples long

5. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

My picks are in, GL to all :D

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Well, unfortunately we did not make it to the bare minimum 7 participants that were needed from here and from our Discord live chat community for me to be able to run this successfully, thus I am having to cancel this community competition.

I know this was on a super short notice, as I really only gave everyone about a day to get picks up. Perhaps the next time I decide to run this I will have this thread up days in advance to give everyone plenty time to get their picks in. My bad.

Thanks though for those of you who did throw in picks in here. I did think it would have been a cool contest idea to see which of the 3 communities would take it this month haha. Maybe next time.

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

^ Scratch all of the above! :p

Someone from our Discord live chat community gave me a very nice idea, that I just copy over the monthly picks for May from members who submitted from here, as well as the Discord community. So, the 3 members who had submitted picks here over this past weekend will get to keep their picks from this thread, and I've just simply added 5 more users from our May contest thread, so that it bumps us up to the minimum 8 participants needed for me to successfully run this.

Likewise the case with our Discord community which had a similar shortfall of participants. Did the same exact thing for them as well.

I think this should work fine. Albeit, it is not perfect as there were 2 duplicate picks (tsla - short) from the r/StockMarket community. I really should be removing those from my spreadsheet. But, I'm afraid that may screw things up with my setup in my spreadsheet. So, I'm just leaving those on for now.

Thoughts?

Everyone mostly cool with this, or?

Let me also know if my spreadsheet is working for you guys and if you all can view each individual community sheet as well. Thanks.

stock1234 likes this.
  8. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Pretty good one to kick things off this week on the community challenge this month. :D

Stockaholics leading it after week of 5/8/20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

I won't have time to update this after today's market close, so just posting this update a little earlier than usual.

The Discord community has now pulled ahead leading it after week ending 5/15/2020. Still 2 weeks left to go in the month. :D

Click the button below to view the full May 2020 community contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the Discord community top 12 members picks:

[​IMG]

10. bigbear0083

Staff Member

And here's a quick look at Stockaholics community members picks:

(Man, @stock1234 really keepin' Stockaholics in there as he has the top 2 picks thus far! :cool:)

[​IMG]

11. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Stockaholics community has now pulled ahead after week ending 5/22/20, with just 1 more week left to play!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to the Community Stock Picking Contest winner for May 2020 -- Stockaholics! :cool:

Nice work guys and thanks for playing. :)

Here are the final results:

[​IMG]