MBT - Mobile TeleSystems PJSC

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Public Joint-Stock Company Mobile TeleSystems provides telecommunication services in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States. The company offers voice and data transmission, Internet access, pay TV, and various value added services through wireless and fixed lines, as well as sells equipment, accessories, and handsets. It also provides system integration services and complex IT solutions. The company serves approximately 100 million mobile subscribers. Mobile TeleSystems Public Joint Stock Company was founded in 1993 and is based in Moscow, the Russian Federation.

[​IMG]

2. Tiptopptrader

This was one of my best plays earlier in the year. I haven't bought yet but I am looking at the bottom between 8.50 - 8.55. If the market continues the meltdown I will make a decision near the close it doesn't hit my entry price.

upload_2016-6-10_11-55-6.png

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

$8.50 looks a bit too obvious, come on, be more bearish! :D

4. Tiptopptrader

Ha ha...Hardball trading today for me. Market recovering some so probably won't get close to my entry price
    On the non-hardball side looking to add to my MGM position but need the market to tank a little bit more...whoa market is recovering some...Come on shorts do your job :D

5. Tiptopptrader

I think I posted it somewhere as I bought the DEC16 $9 Calls on Friday for .15 and still that price as no activity this morning as the bid/ask has widened to .05/.25

upload_2016-9-19_6-56-32.png

6. Tiptopptrader

MBT my biggest gainer this morning

upload_2016-9-22_6-51-36.png

7. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

I placed an order for $0.10 but it has not been filled yet. :D

8. Tiptopptrader

The bid move up to .10 by my L2
    .10 X.15

9. leonx81

As soon as I placed my order the bid moved up to .10.

10. Tiptopptrader

MBT taking a hit this morning without any news (par for the course)

upload_2016-9-23_7-54-30.png

11. leonx81

No lucks yesterday and I am trying again for .10.

12. Tiptopptrader

Funny about this stock, the morning before I bought it the bid was .20 and I had a hard time filling at .15
    My guess it might have got a downgrade that has not been made public yet

13. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

Mobile TeleSystems OAO downgraded by HSBC to hold.

14. Tiptopptrader

Thanks @LloydWCoutee that explains the drop as it was going down in pre market. This what I have been talking about that the public is the last to know. At least they didn't wait until the end of the day

15. Tiptopptrader

After the drop on Friday MBT is showing strength as the broader markets are down

upload_2016-9-26_8-2-11.png

16. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

7.800.17 (2.23%)
    Pre-Market:8:04 AM EDT

MTS Announces the Results of the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders

MOSCOW, October 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --

Mobile TeleSystems PJSC ("MTS" or the "Company" - NYSE: MBT; MOEX: MTSS), the leading telecommunications provider in Russia and the CIS, announces the decisions reached at the Company's Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (the "EGM") held on September 30, 2016.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121115/AQ14468LOGO )

At the meeting, the following resolutions were adopted:

To approve semi-annual dividends of RUB 11.99 per ordinary MTS share (RUB 23.98 per ADR), or a total of RUB 23.961 billion (RUB 23,960,595,084.25 on the basis of the Company's H1 2016 financial and operating results;
    To set the record date for the Company's shareholders and ADR-holders entitled to receive dividends for October 14, 2016.

The dividend payment will be completed before November 21, 2016.

For further information, please contact in Moscow:

Joshua B. Tulgan
    Director, Department of Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
    Mobile TeleSystems PJSC
    Tel: +7 495 223 2025
    E-mail: [email protected]

Learn more about MTS. Visit the official blog of the Investor Relations Department at http://www.mtsgsm.com/blog/

Mobile TeleSystems PJSC ("MTS" - NYSE:MBT; MOEX:MTSS) is the leading telecommunications group in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe. We provide wireless Internet access and fixed voice, broadband and pay-TV to over 100 million customers who value high quality of service at a competitive price. Our wireless and fixed-line networks deliver best-in-class speeds and coverage throughout Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Turkmenistan and Belarus. To keep pace with evolving customer demand, we continue to grow through innovative products, investments in our market-leading retail platform, mobile payment services, e-commerce and IT solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.mtsgsm.com.

Some of the information in this press release may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of MTS, as defined in the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify forward looking statements by terms such as "expect," "believe," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "will," "could," "may" or "might," and the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. We do not undertake or intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. We refer you to the documents MTS files from time to time with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically the Company's most recent Form 20-F. These documents contain and identify important factors, including those contained in the section captioned "Risk Factors" that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements, including, among others, the severity and duration of current economic and financial conditions, including volatility in interest and exchange rates, commodity and equity prices and the value of financial assets; the impact of Russian, U.S. and other foreign government programs to restore liquidity and stimulate national and global economies, our ability to maintain our current credit rating and the impact on our funding costs and competitive position if we do not do so, strategic actions, including acquisitions and dispositions and our success in integrating acquired businesses, potential fluctuations in quarterly results, our competitive environment, dependence on new service development and tariff structures, rapid technological and market change, acquisition strategy, risks associated with telecommunications infrastructure, governmental regulation of the telecommunications industries and other risks associated with operating in Russia and the CIS, volatility of stock price, financial risk management and future growth subject to risks.

17. Tiptopptrader

Nice pop today considering the down markets. Currently trading at the HOD

upload_2016-10-3_8-34-7.png

18. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

What a nice chart! Thanks TTT. Also good dividend, seems acording to finviz. Div yields above 7% not so common.

mbt.png

StockJock-e likes this.
  19. Tiptopptrader

Russia's MTS launches up to 10 bln rouble share buyback
    Could repurchase around 50 mln own shares from market, parent

* Price range 199-229 roubles/shr vs 213 roubles at last session

* Shares rise 3.7 percent

MOSCOW, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Russia's biggest mobile phone operator MTS plans to repurchase up to 10 billion roubles worth ($158.4 million) of its own shares from minority shareholders and parent company Sistema in 2016, it said on Monday.

The company plans to spend around 4.9 billion roubles to repurchase around 25 million shares from the market and will also buy back its shares from Sistema on a pro-rata basis.

Sistema, which has an effective 50.65 percent stake in MTS, said in a separate statement it would sell up to 25.5 million MTS shares, representing a 1.27 percent stake, back to the company and expected to fetch up to 5.1 billion roubles.

"The transaction ... will allow the corporation to raise additional funds for investments, while retaining its effective controlling stake in MTS," said Mikhail Shamolin, Sistema Chief Executive Officer.

MTS said it had set a price range at 199 roubles to 229 roubles per ordinary share and will select the lowest-bid price within that range. The stock last traded at 213.3 roubles on Oct. 28.

Shares in MTS rose 3.7 percent by 1034 GMT to 221.20 roubles, outperforming broader Moscow market index.

MTS approved a three-year share buyback programme for up to 30 billion roubles in May this year.

($1 = 63.1143 roubles) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova, editing by Louise Heavens)
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russias-mts-launches-10-bln-105835126.html

20. Tiptopptrader

MBT up strong in early morning trading on share buyback

upload_2016-10-31_7-54-30.png