New and young

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MSchuster, Jan 4, 2017.

1. MSchuster

MSchuster New Member

Hello! Another noobie joining in on the fun. Names Matt, I am a freshman at Davenport University in Grand Rapids Michigan. I am 17 years old (youngest kid on campus) and am just looking to expand my knowledge on the stock market and investing. Hopefully I will learn some new things, who doesn't like learning?

2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Welcome to the forum @MSchuster, well you certainly landed at the right place to learn! Lots of really good reading material here. ;)

Hope to see more of you around the forums! Don't hesitate to jump right into the forum discussions here. And best of luck to you and your trading endeavors!

Also, if you don't mind me asking how exactly did you find this board? I'm always interested to hear how our newcomers are finding this place!

3. MSchuster

MSchuster New Member

I have always been interested in the stock market, ever since I was a kid for some reason. I don't know, I guess graphs and numbers interest me. I searched "stock market forum" on google. This was the first one that popped up. Thank you.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, hoping to see you around! Feel free to ask questions in threads that you're interested in to learn more! Also, we all started somewhere, so don't be shy trying to throw some ideas out. We all need to see things from other's perspectives to learn more as well.

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Do you have any special interests in college or still looking for something that moves you? If you get interested in the market, a base to figure out what makes the market move (economics) and how to evaluate a corporation (accounting) would help a lot.

6. MSchuster

MSchuster New Member

I am actually majoring in Network management and Security. So I have my career way paved but think that learning about the market is very important and worth while if I want stable economic growth.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  7. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard @MSchuster and f graphs and numbers interest you should do good with TA (Technical Analysis) to give you good entry and exit prices on stocks that you might choose to play.Add FA (Fundamental Analysis) and this will put you on the right track to be a successful trader...TTT