New Investor, Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by XxGoFish, Jun 2, 2021.

1. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Hello All,

I am 33 years old, I recently got fired from my job :( and I have a 7 month old son. I am originally from Philadelphia, but moved to Arizona about 18 months ago. I have been investing for a whole 2 weeks now so I figured I should start doing my research before I lose all my money.

I have watched some YouTube Videos, started following/reading WallStreetBets Reddit, and watching a lot of FoxBusiness TV and other Business Channels Shows.

I started with just a Robinhood account but have really come to loathe how long it takes money to become available and the overall lack of liquidity. It also has a very "game-y," feel for me. I currently have about 2,000$ in the market; majority of which is tied into BB (Blackberry) right now as I ride the WSB rocket to the moon. My portfolio right now is actually really embarrassing but that is because I plan on dumping everything shortly in order to transfer my funds over to WeBull.

And Robinhood really tries to stop/ discourage day trading by banning accounts that complete 4 days trades in a week. which is lame.

I downloaded WeBull the other day after hearing a lot of positive reviews. WeBull starts people off currently with a 3 month complimentary subscription to their Level 2 Analysis which is really fucking nice. It also allows After-Market trading and just seems to have a lot more options for a long-term Hodler. I love their "Mock Portfolio," feature where you can create a portfolio of your choosing to see how you would potentially do...

Here are a few of the stocks/companies that I really like right now, some of these companies I am invested in:
    TSM- Taiwan Semiconductor
    BABA- Alibaba
    AMAT- Applied Materials
    TREE- LendingTree
    ABT- Abbott Labs
    WMT- Walmart
    CRM- SalesForce
    BB- BlackBerry (BUY BUY BUY!!)
    NKE- Nike
    DKNG- DraftKings
    PLD- ProLogis
    TXN- Texas Instruments
    MPWR- Monolithic Power Systems
    NRZ- New Residential Investment
    DIS- Disney
    V- Visa
    COLD- Americold Realty
    NVDA- Nividia

^^^^The above represents to me a well-balanced portfolio of stocks. At least from my whole 2 weeks of experience haha, can someone more experienced give their opinion of my "Short List?" I also have a few ETF's that I like IHI, DLN, VWO and VOO.

Sorry for the long intro post. I look forward to getting to know you folks over time and get to learn from each and every one of you. I know I have a lot to learn! But given my love for numbers and stats this seems like a really good potential job field :)

-GoFish

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

3. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Thank you sir!

I look forward to people sharing a few wrinkles with me :)

StockJock-e likes this.
  4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

5. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Thank you, Thank you

Where are you both from? Geographically speaking.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm from Illinois, USA. @StockJock-e is currently in the Vancouver, Canada area.

7. XxGoFish

XxGoFish Member

Well, nice to "meet," you both

My name is Fish, I am living out in Arizona, USA