New technique: The Inverse Goldman

Discussion in 'Investing' started by TomB16, Jun 28, 2018.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about trying out a new technique; The Inverse Goldman.

The idea is to do the opposite of whatever Goldman Sachs recommends. Goldman is an institution that's been significantly corrupt for a while now. I've been tracking a few of their suggestions and all have gone the opposite of their predictions.

At the end of 1Q17, someone from another forum said Goldman was publicly recommending broad sell while privately indicating to their largest customers the market would continue to make gains.

These days, there's more misinformation than information. Some of it comes from deliberate attempts at manipulation.

One of the key strengths of value investing is having my own guiding lights for equities and markets. I'm not always right but my mistakes are honest.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Would be interesting to compare their holdings (or some of their clients biggest holdings) to their recommendations. If you pursue something like this, you should post your results so we can track it with you.

Jrich and TomB16 like this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Goldman has issued a strong sell recommendation on Tesla.

Meanwhile, there are some negative articles citing employees who indicate production has not met the 5k/wk Target but Elon sent an internal email indicating Tesla has achieved 5k/would production of the model 3.

Somebody is lying.

I'm more worried about model S numbers. I expect them to start falling, as the market anticipates a redesign.

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Jrich and T0rm3nted like this.