North Carolina Wildfires

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Wow, it is really starting to get bad out around here! The air quality around my area is about the worst I have ever seen during my 10 years down here! You can't escape the smell of burning wood! And the sky has like a brownish color to it! :eek:

I know I have ranted about this over on our main WEATHER thread a number of times but boy do we desperately need to the RAIN badly around here! We haven't had a trace of precipitation around here since Hurricane Matthew hit a few months back ... and even before that hit it hadn't rained here for a few months as well ... in other words -- it has only rained around my area once in like the past 5 months!! Not kidding! This is crazy!

CODE ORANGE: Raging wildfires worsen air quality around Charlotte
    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/co...worsen-air-quality-around-charlotte/467699003

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A haze remains over the Charlotte skyline as smoke from the wildfires burning in the western part of the state prompted environmental officials to raise the air quality alert to Code Red across the region Wednesday morning.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

You cant leave your high speed internet!

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Stay safe everyone in NC. Hopefully you guys get some rain real soon!

Stockaholic likes this.
  4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Still no precipitation in sight for at least another week ... possibly 2 ... and 3 and 4 and ........................ well let's hope not another month ....... =/

[​IMG]