NVAX - Novavax

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Brendan Cowie, May 27, 2016.

1. Brendan Cowie

Brendan Cowie Active Member

[​IMG]

Novavax, Inc. (Novavax) is a clinical-stage vaccine company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of recombinant nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants. The Company operates through developing recombinant vaccines segment. The Company through its recombinant nanoparticle vaccine technology produces vaccine candidates to respond to both known and newly emerging diseases. Its product pipeline focuses on a range of infectious diseases with vaccine candidates in clinical development for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), seasonal influenza, pandemic influenza and the Ebola virus (EBOV). Its lead adjuvant for human applications, Matrix-M, is in a Phase I/II clinical trial for pandemic influenza H7N9 vaccine candidate. It is also testing Matrix-M in conjunction with its EBOV vaccine candidate in a Phase I clinical trial. It is developing additional pre-clinical stage programs in a range of infectious diseases, including Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS).

2. Brendan Cowie

I have 15 2018 calls and 500 shares

3. Brendan Cowie

I actually have 1.5k shares and 20 2018 calls on this.

4. Brendan Cowie

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Nice break out today!

Good trade!

6. Brendan Cowie

I sold them all
    2.6k in gains.

I do not like the chart and I strongly believe the 6s are coming back

7. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Novavax shares plummet 82% after trial does not meet objectives.

upload_2016-9-15_15-56-40.png

8. Brendan Cowie

I'm holding 7 2018 5.50s I tried to sell 5 today and didn't get a fill:(

9. Austin vanderweide

Austin vanderweide Active Member

Bought small amount of shares in AH for 1.38. Hoping for a small swing trade as I think it's oversold and the shorts should cover in the morning

10. Levanyashin

Levanyashin New Member

I haven't invested in a Biotech before, therefore I do not know much about the stock nor the industry in general. Could anyone kindly explain why the company did not announce that they were going to publish test result to the public hence before ? That way people could have at least taken their risk position whether to move forward or stop. This news popped out suddenly right after the close; whereas people were expecting the p3 tests results sometime in October. A person could either Gamble his way with a 50/50 test result with a publicly announced date or just leave the stock and wait for results. But today it did not give you an option like that, it pulled you into a black hole and you had no control over it. To put it simply why was there no announcement to the public ? This shouldn't be Gamble but an investment ? So if you invest in an 'X' Biotech: events like this will pop out without knowing and unexpextedly ? Thank you and sorry for a quiet long question

11. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$NVAX no one can tell you that legally jesus... but shorts will cover ...most of forced selling has occured

12. Brendan Cowie

This is pretty much how it always is
    its a 50/50

Keep positions small for binary events like this.

13. PJCM3

PJCM3 Member

4000 shares at $1.32 ... lettin in ride for now

14. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

15. PJCM3

PJCM3 Member

Wow way over average volume and lunch break isn't even over yet

16. Austin vanderweide

Austin vanderweide Active Member

I sold my shares for an easy 6.6% swing

17. Levanyashin

Levanyashin New Member

Why not ? Since I have an investment in the company, I have the right to know what is going on. Would you want your business partner to act spooky on his/her own judgement without your consult ? This paper was a 50/50 Russian Roulette. People lost a lot of Money.

18. I_am_so_siri

I_am_so_siri Member

I would take a gamble but from what I see current revenue is down to about 10m for the year. Losses around 200m for the year. Good amount of cash on hand but debt to match. That cash should end up burning up and it will be just like most biotech Gamble's that are around 50m marketcap. So nvax to .20pps could get real. Still tempted to gamble though.lol

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Novavax Inc. (NASDAQ:NVAX)’s stock showed marginal recovery today after its deep slump at the end of the last week (see article). To put it briefly, the drop was prompted by the company’s failure in meeting endpoints in a late-stage clinical trial for one of its key lung infection vaccines. The drug candidate is being developed for treating the respiratory syncytial virus infection, which is an influenza-like respiratory infectious disease. It also failed to demonstrate efficiency during the trial. However, today the stock is trading nearly 10% in the green as some investors probably considered that the stock was oversold and decided to buy on the dip. Among the funds we track, 16 funds held $70 million worth of Novavax Inc (NASDAQ:NVAX)’s stock in aggregate at the end of June, having amassed 3.60% of its outstanding stock, compared to 18 investors that held $59 million worth of shares a quarter earlier.

20. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member