ODP - Office Depot, Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

[​IMG]

Office Depot, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies office products and services. It operates in three segments: North American Retail, North American Business Solutions, and International. The company sells office supplies, technology products and solutions, business machines and related supplies, facilities products, and office furniture. It also offers copy and print services. The company sells its products and services to consumers and businesses through office supply stores, a contract sales force, Internet sites, an outbound telephone account management sales force, direct marketing catalogs, and call centers, as well as participates under licensing and merchandise arrangements in Latin America, Europe, Israel, and Japan. As of December 26, 2015, it operated 1,564 stores in the United States, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; and 147 stores in France, South Korea, Sweden, New Zealand, and Australia. The company offers its products under various labels, including Office Depot, OfficeMax, Foray, Ativa, TUL, Realspace, WorkPro, Brenton Studio, Highmark, Grand & Toy, and Viking Office Products. Office Depot, Inc. was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Oh dear, that is a bad looking chart!

I cant remember the last time I walked into an Office Depot, everything I need get delivered to my front door by Amazon.

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

The local Office Depot was quite empty when I went in the last couple times.

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Upcoming dividend information:

Ex-Div-Date
    : 11/22/16
    Payment Date: 12/15/16
    Dividend: $0.03
    Current Price: $4.15
    Annual Yield: 2.41%

5. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

Looking ripe right about now:
    [​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Support here, and a bullish crossover about to present itself

upload_2019-12-10_11-59-3.png

stock1234 and Stockaholic like this.
  7. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Nice call @T0rm3nted and thanks for bringing this stock to my attention. I made a little money by buying at $2.29 and sold at $2.38, left a lot on the table though since it is at $2.63 :eek:

T0rm3nted likes this.
  8. johnFrush13

johnFrush13 New Member

It is not surprising that the chart is now on the decline. Given that there is now a coronavirus pandemic, people do not want to buy offices for work knowing that if someone gets sick, the office will be quarantined for at least two weeks. Now this is very common in America, but in other countries I have seen that people make special office layouts in order to minimize the risk of contracting coronavirus. When I visited coworking space singapore, I saw that the layout there is different from the traditional one. Jobs are separated from each other and interactions between people have been almost reduced to zero. I believe that this is better than if people worked online from their homes.

#8 johnFrush13, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021