Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Of course Biden is bad for the markets

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by The Brontide, Jun 24, 2020.

1. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Comparing to our current "federal stimulus" and administrative controls that have jacked the markets up,...

... Well beyond reality or reason.

Of course the markets will crash.

The money party will be over.

I consider it will crash to realistic valuations without external non-market bias.

Dan Thunderbolt likes this.
  2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

NOTE: Everyone please keep this thread purely on the MARKET reaction to a Biden win in November and not your political views about other topics or the thread will be closed and you will receive warnings which may result in temporary suspensions depending how many warnings you already have.

I agree, the market will return to some sort of normalcy under a Biden presidency and probably reflect more accurately what is going on in the country (mass unemployment, pandemic, nationwide/global protests, trade wars, etc.). I'm expecting a decent pullback if Trump is re-elected, but a much larger correction if Biden is elected.

3. The Brontide

Thank you Mr.Mod for the fair warning on this thread.

I do believe that this is in fact an important discussion that all investors should be contemplating. The November election has the potential to be a very disruptive month in the investment circles.

I have been seeing an increase in article production suggesting the markets will not like Biden as a successful candidate. I do agree but not because of the potential change of the guard, but a whole change in monetary policy will in effect spook investors.

I feel, and I hate to say the word feel, I feel it will bring markets down to valuations of metrics and not emotions. Which in my opinion would lean toward a 15% drop overall

Now Texas and Florida may change that on its own as those states will likely not do anything to mitigate what is already out of Pandora's Box. But that is a discussion for another thread I think.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

Obviously it can't happen, but what if a Libertarian won? What would that do to the markets?

5. B Russ

B Russ Active Member

@emmett kelly Mental vision of the horde of yellow minions with their hands in the air, mass pandemonium. Not knowing what to do....so kinda like now, i guess:D

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Right, so let me see here.

COVID-19... the virus shuts down entire cities, factories, industries crumble, this bad for the stock market!

The Stock Market: Nah fam, this is fine, off to new highs!

Orange man said Biden bad for markets... So now we are in real trouble if Biden wins right?

Like @T0rm3nted said, this market is due for a longer term correction whether or not Biden wins.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  7. hitman

hitman Active Member

I'm Canadian so I don't support either REP or DEM.

My take on up coming elections in the USA is Trump wins market goes up Biden wins market going down. Reason being prior to the global economy being devastated by C-19 the market was climbing under Trump so I don't see why that would change.

Dan Thunderbolt likes this.
  8. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

I'd venture to say the markets would do very good under a Libertarian governernment.

Vdubman likes this.
  9. The Brontide

A libertarian has zero probability of being elected to the top spot this election cycle.

Biden represents the polar view of our current administration. And the country is divided by polar extremes.

So either we keep the current administration with the current fiat expansion and the double dip recession which is in fact started already, or we go with the polar view (Biden), and bring about a sudden and drastic change in economic policy and accept the recession while more aggressive COVID responses being applied.

In a nutshell, both sides have a problem.

And the problem is the economy and how bad it will get. This is worse than the great recession AND the great depression.

But yes, the virus doesn't vote and really doesn't care about how you feel about it.

And the knee-jerks in the markets will prevail until we have some sense of control and stability.

10. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

so you are saying i should get the popcorn ready for 4th of july in november? :D

^^ ditto that 100% to a tee...that's my thinking as well.

not gonna lie, i'm a "bear" at heart, so if the market crashes (which is hugely overdue to say the least -- and i don't really count what happened this past march as a "true" crash because of all the fed intervention that followed after) it's all good with me.

as you alluded to, the market has been propped up bigly thanks to the feds. imo, there is no way this market deserves to be at these levels here. so crashing down to more "realistic valuations" as you said would be quite refreshing to see.

i'm gonna leave my political views out of this thread, but i'll just leave it at this. truthuflly i'm also no fan of either candidate running this year. kinda looking at it as the lesser of the 2 evils if you will lol. and for me, being someone who voted red in 2016 and also the midterms, i'm just sooooo fed up with the state of the nation right now that i'm ready for a change whoever that may be. period.

also, i'd be lying if i didn't at least mention this in here as well, but admittedly i am kinda hoping things don't start collapsing (as far as the stock market goes) until around sept/oct-ish. cue 2008 if you will. that sorta dictated the election that year. so kinda thinking a similar scenario plays out perhaps. who knows...

oh and hey @The Brontide thank you for starting up this thread in here. it's a nice idea my man. :)

The Brontide likes this.
  11. Vdubman

Vdubman Active Member

You know who isn’t a bear for markets and isn’t a rapist or racist? They also play hockey, drink whiskey, and are a psych professor at a major university.

1. Jo Jorgensen.

12. A55

A55 Active Member

Trump is all talk, and no action.
    Screenshot_20200711-192933_kindlephoto-267311821.png

Biden is a man of action.

Screenshot_20200711-193021_kindlephoto-267375377.png Screenshot_20200711-210951.png

13. A55

A55 Active Member

The last time I was truly a fan, it was Ronnie Ray-Gun. Blasted Billy Carter's brother out of the water.

14. A55

A55 Active Member

This is the part where Sleepy Joe actually endorses The Donald. Why would I vote for a stock market decline and more taxes?

Screenshot_20200711-210951_kindlephoto-277778711.png