PAYC - Paycom Software

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by strader_20, Mar 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. strader_20

strader_20 New Member

Here is a great article on PayC.

http://www.theoryofstocks.com/US/Home/index.php/payc-mar-2019

Paycom Software, Inc. provides cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software service for small to mid-sized companies in the United States. It provides functionality and data analytics that businesses need to manage the employment life cycle from recruitment to retirement. The company's HCM solution offers a suite of applications in the areas of talent acquisition, including applicant tracking, candidate tracker, background checks, on-boarding, e-verify, and tax credit services; and time and labor management, such as time and attendance, scheduling/schedule exchange, time-off requests, labor allocation, labor management reports/push reporting, and geofencing/geotracking. Its HCM solution also provides payroll applications comprising payroll and tax management, Paycom pay, expense management, garnishment management, mileage tracker/fixed and variable rates, and GL concierge applications; and talent management applications that include employee self-service, compensation budgeting, performance management, executive dashboard, and Paycom learning and course content. In addition, the company's HCM solution offers HR management applications, which comprise document and task management, government and compliance, benefits administration/benefits to carrier, COBRA administration, personnel action forms, surveys, and affordable care act applications. Paycom Software, Inc. was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Analysis : PAYC

• PAYC reported a surprise 4th quarter earnings on February 5th, 2019. Wall street was expecting an EPS of $0.56 on a revenue of 143.9 million. The company reported $0.63 on a revenue of 150.3 million. PAYC alsoincreased its revenue forecast for the upcoming quarter between 194 and 196 million (earlier consensus estimate was around 191 million). The stock price surged almost 19% after its earnings. From the chart above, you may observe that PAYC earning surprise has been consistent in the last few quarters. This stock has doubled in the last 14 months.
    • Paycom Software, Inc. has a market capital of 10.33B and has 58.6M of outstanding shares. P/E is 43.95 and pays no dividend at this time. Some of its competitors include Manhattan Associates Inc. (MANH), Paychex Inc (PAYX), Ultimate Software Group Inc. (ULTI), Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP).
    • Where is the stock heading from here? Would the stock sustain its upward momentum? Is the stock not overpriced at this time? While

Attached Files:

2. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Seems ready for a drop. Chart is nice but buying here is nonsence. Wait for some sort of correction.

3. strader_20

strader_20 New Member

This article is calling for a price drop, I guess.

4. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I know this has a high P/S~20, but there are many stocks like that nowadays (TWLO, TTD, ZS, AYX, etc). I like this one.
    Consolidated (with an upward drift, because the whole market is going up), and now the 50 ma has caught up.
    [​IMG]

5. RichHall222

RichHall222 New Member

Payroll is a grind. Paycom overall is a fine business, whether or not that role is good for you will depend on the manager and the turf, which we, of course, don't know. I haven't worked at Paycom so I can't say this conclusively, but I worked at another payroll company and I expect the model is similar- you'll be doing a ton of outbound prospecting, often in person. Every company has a payroll function, most could use improvement but they don't want to bother. It's a lot of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". And, every company under the sun has been hit up by all the usual suspects, all the local players, and the local CPA firms that do payroll. They're ready to hang up or shut the door on you as soon as they hear payroll, so your complaint about leads having been called won't be much better there. It's not impossible but it's not easy. Now I am working with Clockwise Software company. For me, they provide more useful services right now!

#5 RichHall222, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Onepoint272 likes this.