Personal Finance Questions-For a recent college grad.

Discussion in 'Personal Finance' started by necaisjackie, Nov 6, 2021.

1. necaisjackie

necaisjackie New Member

I am a recent college grad who will be starting my first real job in a week. I'm looking to move out in a month or 2 but had a few personal finance questions.

I currently have $20k in my account ($15k savings and $5k in my checking), have a credit score of 720, and graduated college without any student loans or debt. My car is 100% paid off and my pretax salary will be $36,500.

My main questions are how soon should I move out of my parent's house? I'm aiming to move out by February. I only go out for dinner about 1-2 times a month, don't have any outstanding debts right now, and have some chump change invested in the market right now. Also when looking for apartments what would be a good range for rent? I will definitely be looking for an apartment with roommates so I think that'll give me a bit more wiggle room.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Stay at home as long as you are comfortable with it.

The more money you can save before you start paying rent to pay other peoples mortgages, the better.

I dont know where you live, but housing prices are insanely high in most parts of the country. Being able to save up as much as possible before moving out will make a huge difference.

3. necaisjackie

necaisjackie New Member

really appreciate your advice. thank you

#3 necaisjackie, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021