Pet Birds!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by AbbeyMayward, Dec 18, 2019.

1. AbbeyMayward

AbbeyMayward New Member

Earlier today I was catching up with a friend, we were talking about family which led to pets... We don't have one and we're not exactly looking into getting one but my friend's son really wants a pet bird. He was saying maybe a macaw, if I remember correctly. She asked if I have suggestions, but our family only had lovebirds when I was younger so that's what I told her. Just thought I'd ask here if anyone ever had a pet bird and what breed? (You can share photos too if you have them!)

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Had a cockatiel when I was a teen (no pictures).
    It was a cool little bird, he would perch on my shoulder a lot and I trained him to say hello. I didn't want him to be in a cage all the time, so I had to keep clipping his wings.

A falcon would be a total baller pet.
    @ 5:22

3. AbbeyMayward

AbbeyMayward New Member

Ohh, a cockatiel! I've only seen one in a zoo, but I've seen countless vids of them on youtube. That's cute he'd perch on your shoulder! I read here (they listed macaw and cockatiel) that they can whistle? Did yours did as well?

Falcons are awesome! I don't think people are allowed to keep one though, unless it's a zoo, for educational purposes or falconers. Apparently it takes a lot to become a falconer plus it'll be expensive, lol. But yea they are cool.

4. Polina Pohribs

Polina Pohribs New Member

Yes, I love birds:):):)

5. VanessaWalsh

VanessaWalsh New Member

birds are beatiful. My mom had big white parrot. it talked and it was like a small baby:p

6. VanessaWalsh

VanessaWalsh New Member

if here are some birds - experts, write me please in pm!! I have one problem with my bird :( When I wanted to buy a bird I started to read blogs about pets. My favorite is this blog about animals where u can find more info about all kinds of pets. I like to read their posts about birds and I find out a lot of new and useful info! Moreover, their blog is absolutely free without paying. So take a quick view of this site and enjoy it! I am sure u will find a bunch of interesting info that u need!

#6 VanessaWalsh, Aug 17, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020