Pokemon Go & $NTDOY

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by DoveJohns, Jul 11, 2016.

1. DoveJohns

DoveJohns Active Member

Not sure if you guys heard about this new app/game but if you haven't, you will surely hear more and more soon... After one day of its release, it helped Nintendo's stock to surge over 10%...

I believe it is a revolutionary game where it helps evolve unsocial gamer kids to social ones. I play soccer every weekend and one of the "poke stops" happened to be where we play soccer, so I had a chance to see its impact on people... Within 1 hour, I probably saw 50 kids and grown ups walking around our soccer field while looking at their phones.

Eventually they all started meeting, talking and laughing together... I downloaded too out of curiousity and found myself walking around my apt complex at midnight yesterday just to catch pokemons :)

Overall I like the fact that it motivates everyone to get out of their houses, work out/walk around and meet new people. However, I am sure there are some horror stories in the making too.

I believe this thing will be very big and help $NTDOY go higher even more. We will watch and see. I have no positions with NTDOY as it is not possible to buy it through Robinhood. Boo

OldFart and Tiptopptrader like this.
  2. DoveJohns

DoveJohns Active Member

Wow NTDOY is up over 32% and currently $27.5...It has also hit $30 earlier today.

3. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Pokémon Go's success adds $7.5 billion to Nintendo's market value
    Nintendo's stock continues to skyrocket following the release of Pokémon Go. After an increase of 9.3 percent with the game's launch last week, the company's share price rose 24.52 percent on Monday to ¥20,260 ($193) — its highest one-day surge since 1983, adding $7.5 billion to the firm's market value. The game has topped app download charts in the US, Australia, and New Zealand, and according to some market researchers, has already been installed on 5 percent of all Android smartphones in America.

That's a pretty substantial win for Nintendo, but it's worth remembering that the game is not solely made and overseen by the Japanese gaming company. The app is created by Niantic, an augmented reality game maker spun off from Google in October 2015, and it was built in collaboration with the Pokémon Company. Nintendo is an investor in both Niantic and the Pokémon Company (which receives around 30 percent of Pokémon Go's revenue, says The Financial Times), but the app is free to download, with Nintendo's revenue generated by in-game microtransactions.
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go

4. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Tried to open a short position this early morning at $28, but my Scottrade did not allow me to do so.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im out of pokeballs!

This game sucks!

I have to walk 3 blocks to the nearest poke stop, Im a grown man dammit... I dont have time for this!

Breck Kennedy and OldFart like this.
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Just go to some park with a walking path and there'll be a ton of pokestops if it's anything like my area. Wife and I went for a walk and I ended up like +50-60 pokeballs walking through because there were like 10 poke stops that you get to hit going each way.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

What the shit?

Nothing like that in my immediate area!

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah I got lucky to find it on accident. We usually walk somewhere else but I saw it a couple days ago and it ended up being really good! Not that I'm addicted to this child's game or anything...

9. DoveJohns

DoveJohns Active Member

Yeah, I was super bullish on Friday and that's when I tried to buy it. I got even more bullish over the weekend but as soon as I saw +30% increase, it made me skeptical... I am not sure if people realize that it increased market cap by approximately $10B in 2-3 days. I said it is a good and revolutionary game but I just can't wrap my head around $10B valuation for a free app game that is just released...Not to mention Nintendo only owns 30% of Niantic and currently only income seems to come from in-app purchases.

Their servers don't even seem to be ready for all the volume they are experiencing at this point and it will be open to many criticisms as a . There is a pretty substantial resistance at $28, we will see if the stock can keep this going...

I guess people also assume, this nostalgic come back of Pokemon will increase sales of Nintendo's other pokemon products.

#9 DoveJohns, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  10. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Meat Popsicle

LOL ......jk

OldFart likes this.
  11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Yeah, its a really stupid game.

One sec, there is a ratatta on my desk!

12. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Amid frenzy, Pokemon Go leads to robberies and injuries
    Police in O'Fallon, a suburb of St. Louis, said they arrested the four teens on Sunday after a robbery victim called police from a convenience store.

"Using the geolocation feature of the Pokemon Go app, the robbers were able to anticipate the location and level of seclusion of unwitting victims," O'Fallon police Sergeant Bill Stringer said in a release.

Social media buzzed with reports of players who suffered minor injuries from tripping and falling while glued to their cell phones and minor incidents while driving and looking for Pokemon.

"I catch myself almost walking into things, so I've kind of started playing a little bit less in the street," said Henry Mendez, 32, a parking valet from Los Angeles.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nintendo-pokemon-crime-idUSKCN0ZR26K

13. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

nice profit so far in Japan, i am not giving up this trade till release in Asia and primary data get revealed. Huge potential here

14. Lonnie Ray

Lonnie Ray Active Member

I wouldn't do that just yet. There are still many just finding out about this.

15. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Understood and I was gonna to do a intra-day trading.

16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I went to a pokestop yesterday and encountered a filthy red team member.

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Yello team!

18. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

19. DeCoty

DeCoty Member

20. Lonnie Ray

Lonnie Ray Active Member