Pre market movers

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Green Kid, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Green Kid

Green Kid New Member

Hello fellow stockaholics!!!!!

Curious if anyone has a good website source for pre market movers??

How do you guys hear about these companies that when the morning bell rings, start at 200% above prior closing?????

I know BigBear0083 posts some of the large cap pre market movers which helps me alot (Thank You), but what about these small cap companies that just blow up on a good press release?? Like YECO and PTI, as of recent. I always hear about these things way late. (maybe I'm just slow)LOL

Also, can anyone trade pre market, or is it only the institutions??

Anyhow, I feel I'm missing out on need-to-know info, and haven't found a reliable source.

Thanks for any Info

2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Does your broker have a scanner? There's probably a scan for "big movers" etc.

As for websites, one place you can check is Stocktwits for the trending tickers.
    @Steven_Burt recommended this guy once: https://twitter.com/madaznfootballr
    He's an interesting day trader to watch, sometimes he'll post what he's watching in the pre-market.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  3. Green Kid

Green Kid New Member

Humm, I use etrade. I'll have to look.
    I appreciate the info! Thanks

4. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

hey @Green Kid welcome to the forums if i never got the chance to say it before! it's good to have you here.

hah, it's nice to know that someone is actually checking out those pre-market threads that i try to put out every morning :p

sorry i could not get one up this morning due to some other important obligations that i had to take care of this morning, however i am planning to be a little more consistent with those morning threads as we start getting into the meat of this earnings season.

those threads take a good chunk out of my time to setup in the mornings, but it's a nice way to get a quick read on the pre-market action.

anyway, @anotherdevilsadvocate is right that your broker would most likely have a scanner where you scan for those big pre-movers.

stocktwits is also nice to see which tickers are being discussed the most.

i actually include those in my pre-market threads under the "most active trending discussions".

that is also a nice twitter feed that @anotherdevilsadvocate shared. i'm actually just checking it out for the first time myself. thx marcy :D

5. Green Kid

Green Kid New Member

AHHH, I see that now. That will be a good start.

The more I continue to look for a decent scanner, the more I see I'm going to end up paying for one! Damn.
    trading view screener is pretty good, but doesn't have a live momentum scanner, so it's hard to tell where the volume is.

I did check out the twitter link that ADA posted. That guy is pretty good at posting which tickers have the momentum. So I'll prolly keep checking his page. I can find the top gainers with trading view, but its hard to tell which one is being played until its late in the game.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!