Problems with TD Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Vendors, Brokers and Product Reviews' started by VinceField, Sep 27, 2020.

1. VinceField

VinceField Member

I wanted to open my first small day trading account with TD Ameritrade but I recently discovered that they have had many cases of technical problems like traders unable to access their platform, enter trades, exit trades, etc. Apparently people have lost money due to these issues and I don't want to suffer the same fate. Does anyone use TD Ameritrade and if so, what has your experience been like? Which broker would you recommend for a beginner with a strong desire to learn and make day trading a full time career?

2. PreMarketTrader

PreMarketTrader New Member

Hey Vince,

I personally use TD Ameritrade and the only occasional problem I seem to have is lag spikes when open bell volume blasts through the roof. Every broker has this issue from time to time. I've seen WeBull, Charles, ITB, TD, of course Robinhood. A lot of brokers try their best to deal with that kind of volume and server stability, but 98% of the time I have no issues entering and exiting on TD or ThinkorSwim. I trade with a group and I have a post at the top of this Channel if you want to check it out. I highly recommend it for day traders like yourself looking to gain a slight edge, especially in the mornings. This morning we had MDLY, LIZI, and HUSN. Happy Trading!
    upload_2020-10-12_7-47-13.png

VinceField likes this.
  3. Rian

Rian New Member

Haven't been long with TD, but I have not yet experienced any of these problems mentioned. But, I need to mention that I do not do day trading, I just purchase shares every couple days to top up and expand my portfolio.