$RUBI (RUBI) The Rubicon Project

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Bodacious, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

-Rubicon Project (NYSE: RUBI), the global exchange for advertising, today reported its results of operations for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2019.

Recent Highlights

• Revenue was $48.5 million for Q4 2019, up 17% from Q4 2018
    • We expect revenue for Q1 2020 to be between $37.0 to $38.0 million (for stand-alone Rubicon Project)
    • Advertising spend (1) for 2019 totaled $1.12 billion versus $992 million in 2018
    • Net income for Q4 2019 was $1.5 million, or income per share of $0.03, compared to net loss of $2.2 million, or loss per share of $0.04 for the fourth quarter of 2018
    • Adjusted EBITDA(1) was $15.3 million representing a 32% Adjusted EBITDA margin(4), compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $9.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2018
    • Non-GAAP income per share(1) was $0.17, compared to $0.03 non-GAAP earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2018
    • We generated $8.9 million of free cash flow in Q4 2019(2)
    • We generated $5.7 million of free cash flow for full year 2019(2)
    • Telaria merger on track to close in early April 2020

[​IMG]

2. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Filed by The Rubicon Project, Inc.

Pursuant to Rule 425

under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended

and deemed filed pursuant to Rule 14a-12

under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended

Subject Company: Telaria, Inc.

(Commission File No. 001-35982)

The following communication is being filed in connection with the proposed strategic combination between The Rubicon Project, Inc. (“Rubicon Project”) and Telaria, Inc. (“Telaria”):

The following is an excerpt from the Q&A portion of Rubicon Project’s fourth quarter 2019 earnings conference call held on February 26, 2020.

Q: We’ve seen more consolidation in the [CTV] space. I mean, Pluto taken out last year and then, I guess, Xumo, in the last day or two, with some other rumors like Tubi out there. So, just kind of wondering, as that consolidates…what is your take on that? And, in a post-merger world, what do you see as the opportunity as those providers consolidate?

A (Michael Barrett, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rubicon Project): Great question. I think that, obviously, we’ll let Telaria speak to their direct experiences, but I think it’s net-net a very positive for the whole industry, including our slice of it. It shows that it’s only growing in appeal to media owners. You will note that the recent acquisitions are all ad-supported, with no plans to deprecate the ad supporting and turn it into a subscription. So AVOD seems to be the particular flavor of the day, so that bodes well for us. I think in some instances, it may be bought by someone that is attempting to do a walled garden. In others, it’s an immediate opportunity plus-plus, because it will be more subscribers, more traffic. Net-net, it’s going to be positive because…it’s really hard to create a walled garden. You’d have to have a monopoly on the media type. Search is a great example. Google had a monopoly. Facebook’s a great example; they had a monopoly on social. No one has a monopoly on video, and I really do think that the walled garden attempts to build their own mote and not allow external demand to come in will be short-lived in the marketplace. So, I think this is all just positive for our thesis and our post-merger opportunities.

http://www.conferencecalltranscripts.org/no/summary2/?id=7506764

3. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Bull of the Day: The Rubicon Project (RUBI)

The Rubicon Project (RUBI - Free Report) is a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) that focuses on the buying and selling of advertising. The company’s cloud platform allows real time trading of digital advertising between buyers and sellers.

The stock had recently broken out to three-year highs after it had shown investors consecutive quarters of earnings beats, capped off by a blowout quarter back in February.

please read the entire article at:
    https://www.zacks.com/commentary/80...me-featured_zacks_rank_stocks-ID01-txt-808122