Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

S&P Poll: ATHs or 2,550 first? Vote!

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

What comes first from here? S&P - ATHs or 2,550 next?

Poll closed Thursday at 3:31 PM.
  1. ATHs

75.0%
  2. 2,550

25.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

So, I haven't done one of these in a little while. I wasn't actually sure to do this one since we're going to have other polls like the Santa Claus Rally poll coming up in the next month. Anyhow, I thought it might be interesting to gauge market sentiment here on Stockaholics as we head into the holiday season.

This is a very simple and straight forward poll. You are voting for what you believe will be first to hit.

NOTE: This does not necessarily mean that you believe it will happen in 2018. But, rather at some point out in the future.

Here are your poll choices:

ATHs -- Above 2,940 (+5% from here)

or

2,550 (-9% from here)

What say you Stockaholics?

This poll will close in about a week so try to cast them votes ASAP!

Don't forget to click in your vote on the poll and post your vote on this thread.

[​IMG]

2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

Going with ATHs, but personally I prefer to see 2550 will win this poll :p

3. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

I'll go with the over on this one as well. I feel that now that we're through with those binary events (midterms and fed meeting) we can now begin the so-called "Best Six Months" for the markets. The holiday season is fast approaching. I'm still thinking we'll have a nice run into the end of the year.

My vote: ATHs

...that being said, I don't know if we see that by EOY. More likely in Q1 2018 is my WAG (wild ass guess).

4. Three Eyes

Three Eyes Well-Known Member

2,550 would nearly match February's lows. I think the 2,603.54 before the election was the low point and market will probably be range-bound waiting out Fed economic assessment and x-mas numbers, and THEN off to ATHs 2019-Q1.