SFM - Sprouts Farmers Market Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by bigbull, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. is a food retailer that offers natural and organic food, including produce, bulk foods, meat and seafood, bakery, dairy, frozen foods, body care and natural household items.

[​IMG]

#1 bigbull, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  2. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Nice chart set up

4. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

If it can stay above $24 its got a shot of contesting at least $25. Lets see how well this does with today's upgrade by GS. I'm sure the stock will do well just to spite everyone.

5. Lonnie Ray

Lonnie Ray Active Member

I have this one on the radar for long term growth. I just noticed several of these have been sprouting up (pun intended) around my area. At least four that I have counted over the last year. I have been meaning to go by one and check it out before diving in. Sounds like this weekend I may do so.

6. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

I haven't been to one yet. But I can't imagine SFM will have it easy with WFM releasing its new 360 stores, which so far, have received good reviews.

But I agree this whole trend towards leaving a more 'fit' lifestyle is a trend, not a fad. The market is big enough for more than one dominant player.

7. Lonnie Ray

Lonnie Ray Active Member

Whole Foods is an expensive place to shop. I will have to compare prices. I will say the local sales flyer from SFM had some good deals.

8. bigbull

bigbull Active Member

Compared prices in both markets and there isn't much of a difference for most essentials, although I enjoyed the overall shopping experience in WFM more than at SFM. Both

There isn't much in the way of support once $19.60 gets taken on a weekly count. Until $21.59 is reclaimed and price proceeds to trade above $23.19, I would avoid the stock. The long term story is still intact but it may take longer to develop.

---------------------------------------------------

Sprouts Farmers Market sees flat same-store sales in Q3 and full-year comps growth of 1.5%-2.5%. Analysts had expected closer to 4% comps growth in Q3 and the year. The natural foods grocer sees full-year EPS of 83-86 cents vs. Wall Street views of 94 cents.

"The prolonged deflationary environment, competitive landscape and industry dynamics have prompted heavy promotions across the industry, adversely impacting retail deflation and traffic generation," Sprouts said.

9. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple Oct 20 Calls for .82 on Friday.

SFM Calls.PNG

10. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

out @ 1.25 for ~50% gain.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  11. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member