Solution's Futures Ideas/Journal

Discussion in 'Futures Trading' started by Solution, May 30, 2016.

1. Solution

Solution New Member

Let me know if this is not the proper place for such a thread. I've been trading off and on for years but I'm new to futures.

Account value around 10k.

I'm still a novice and just want somewhere to post my ideas for guys like Ichi to critic.

Criticism welcome.

#1 Solution, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    IchiFutures likes this.
  2. Solution

Solution New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

96.25 seems like an interesting inflection point for a possible short.

Possible congruence between long term POC, half back from prior all time highs, and possibly the upper band on the channel.

Any input on this particular idea?

3. IchiFutures

IchiFutures Active Member

@Solution Hey bud, I just saw this. How are you?

4. Solution

Solution New Member

Stopped trading for now. I wasn't making any ground and trading a 10k account is really not ideal.

I ended up flat after accounting for software and 600 bucks in commissions. It's great that I didn't lose money considering my lack of legitimate trading experience, but trading that small of an account, while only being available for the globex sessions is beyond my current skill level.

You seem to be killing it though which is great, I hope you keep putting your insight out there as it's always a wonderful resource for lesser experienced traders.

Thanks man.

5. IchiFutures

IchiFutures Active Member

@Solution Trading is not an easy game and ending up flat is good to hear! It's very easy to lose everything while learning. A 10k account in futures is difficult and even 20k accounts tax my psyche because losing 2k before making anything happens and that's 10% which is my cut off.