Special VIP and non quotes

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Ciao (Sheppy), Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

in order not to clutters "my thread" with a lot O/T on quotes (some I love them it make me reflect)

therefore I thought to open a his thread where anyone can read -meditate-post them :)

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    Oscar Wilde

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You can't look at the competition and say you're going to do it better. You have to look at the competition and say you're going to do it differently".
    ---Steve Jobs

:):):)

2. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I came across this " The bad news is TIME flies. The good news is you're the pilot."

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  3. Ciao (Sheppy)

I like that... I think some are fantastic :):D

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

My quote of the day:)

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    Bernard M. Baruch

“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”
    John Lennon

have a "lovely" Sunday:):)

5. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

have a few reminder quotes for myself :)

"Be stubborn about your goals, and flexible about your methods.

The distance between dreams and reality is called action."

Ciao (Sheppy) likes this.
  6. Ciao (Sheppy)

"Just because you have found a bad apple doesn't mean you should give up the whole tree"

from today I'll add some trading quotes...specially for newbie read them + meditate because many are part of the trader's life but should avoid
    "Risk come from not known what you are doing" W:Buffet
    "the key to trading success is emotional discipline.If intelligent were be the key, there will be a lot more people making more in trading" V.Sperandeo

7. Ciao (Sheppy)

“Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
    Walk beside me… just be my friend” ― Albert Camus

"Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy"
    John (Jack) Bogle

Kosta likes this.
  8. Ciao (Sheppy)

as I was posting on another thread regarding psychology. in order not to filled wiyh it ...today I post about it here..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    :);):cool::p:D

9. Ciao (Sheppy)

[​IMG][​IMG] don't end up like this [​IMG]:eek::eek:

:):)

10. Ciao (Sheppy)

"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails."
    - John Maxwell

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

11. Ciao (Sheppy)

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."
    - John F. Kennedy

"Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell. If you want to have a better performance than the crowd, you must do things differently from the crowd." - Sir John Templeton

[​IMG]:(:(:D:D

12. Ciao (Sheppy)

not much enthusiasm here :(:( doesn't any of you like quotes?
    frightening of the true? :D:D

IMO one can learn a lot from few words in a quote... I could be wrong but learn to read them ;)
    but personally I like them ... I got many KKKKK in my newbie days of trading-life-work help me along
    some read novels I like to read quotes;)
    Pigeons flock together. Eagle fly alone.... that is why I am different ;):D:D

I give you one to think about.... newbie never despair ;)

“I haven’t seen much correlation between good trading and intelligence. Some outstanding traders are quite intelligent, but a few aren’t. Many outstanding intelligent people are horrible traders. Average intelligence is enough. Beyond that, emotional makeup is more important.” – Mark Douglas
    Obviously you need some level of common sense, but that’s true with every profession. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what degrees or qualifications you hold, they won’t help you in the markets.
    SUMMARY
    The uneducated high school drop out has just as much of a chance to succeed with Forex trading as the guy holding a PhD. Academic achievements don’t really give you an unfair advantage in the markets. It all comes down to your attitude, determination and ability to learn from your mistakes that build a successful traders mindset.

"You may know a lot about the markets - but how well do you know yourself?" Mark Douglas

I meat many VIP and nearly all of them told me " if 2 persons apply for the same job the 1° got a pile of certificates-degrees and the 2° got years of experiences, I take the second "
    this is the truth nothing but the truth :) I explain further if any like to contest that o_O

#12 Ciao (Sheppy), Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016