Stock pick contests

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by kyleh2k20, Oct 4, 2019.

1. kyleh2k20

kyleh2k20 Member

Hi everyone!

I’m brand new to the forum, but a relatively long time member of the Discord chat room.

I’ve been an avid lurker of this board for a while now, thought I would finally sign up an account here.

I initially came from the Reddit side of things, more specifically /r/StockMarket which is how I came across your Discord server.

Anyway, I have been following along on the stock contests that are run on this site each day. There’s even a channel on the discord chat called #stockaholics_contests that has all of the contest results posted every day and week.

Anyway, I couldn’t help but notice first, the channel had recently disappeared in Discord. So I thought I had to investigate to see what was up. Thought that maybe I needed to register an account on the forum here to view them, but sure enough I see that I’m still unable to access the threads even after signing up a handle here. Any ideas what happened? Not sure if it’s something wrong on my end or? It was kinda cool to see everyone’s picks on the live google sheet.

TIA.

Onepoint272 and Stockaholic like this.
  2. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Hi @kyleh2k20. Unfortunately I have no idea too. I tried to enter my picks last night but found that the contests are gone. The best case scenario would be @bigbear0083 is kinda burned out by running these contests and he simply needs a temporary break. I definitely hope it wasn't due to something happened yesterday and caused him to decide to leave this forum. Hope we will find out soon.

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

haha, my sincere apologies if i've freaked any you guys out here!

i'll try to write out a more detailed explanation of this if i have some time later on, but in short i am going to be mia for the next several days. i have my uncle visiting from florida so i will be keeping pretty busy with that and i just won't have time to run the contests.

thus, i've had to suspend all contest activity on the forums indefinitely, or at least up until next week perhaps?

@stock1234 also hit on an interesting point here and he's right, i have admittedly gotten a little burned out running the competitions, so it is interesting that i am taking this break right at the time that my uncle is visiting. :D

anyway, sorry again for the little scare here!

i'll be sure to throw in an update here once i'm ready to bring the contests back.

i just didn't want the threads to be empty w/o any updates and leave you guys hanging in the dark wondering what happened to them, so i just thought i would temporarily conceal the contests section until i'm ready to bring them back again. ;)

4. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Good to hear from you Cy. I was getting a little worried after not seeing the contests on the forum last night. Have a good time with your uncle, no need rush to get back and just let us know when you are ready to run the contest again ;)

Lico Inv and Stockaholic like this.
  5. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

@bigbear0083 It's all good. We highly appreciate your effort and the hard work you put in. If I become a multi-millionaire, I will for sure remember you.
    , Thanks again

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Stockaholic

Haha, thank you for chiming in with that @Lico Inv I very much appreciate it :D

BTW guys, in case y'all's maybe missed my post in the main weekly market discussion thread for next week.

HERE -> https://www.stockaholics.net/threads/stock-market-today-october-7th-11th-2019.8926/#post-109722 <-

I've attached a weekly market direction poll to the top of that thread, so you guys can at the very least vote on the direction of the market for the week.

I know it's not what you guys are used to, but a temporary fix until I can get the normal competitions back up and running again. ;)

Lico Inv likes this.
  7. Stockaholic

whelp, nvm all of that fellas! as you guys can see the contest section is back online as well as all of its threads :p

i think i should be fine with just finishing this year off, and then reassessing where things are at as we get closer to year end.

i already have a possible 2020 changes thread up and running in the contests section which i will be updating in the near future so look out for that one.

but at least for the immediately future, the contests shall resume going on here.

Lico Inv and Three Eyes like this.
  8. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

Thanks CY for your hard works ...

Stockaholic and Three Eyes like this.