Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Daily Stock Picking Challenge & SPX Sentiment Poll for Thursday (11/29)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see the SPX closing on Thursday (11/29)?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2018.
  1. Up.

57.1%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.15% or less)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Down.

42.9%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

^^ This!

And also in addition to that, you'll need to post your pick onto this thread as well.

Welcome to the forums and the Stockaholics contest @Strat Becker good to have you! :)

2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

nice! it looks like today's auto sheet worked out beautifully with no screw ups. :D

for friday's contest i am going to try implementing this idea in from @Three Eyes

[​IMG]

this way you guys wouldn't have to constantly write down your usernames in the forms for every daily contest.

3. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

Please close GES at $ 22.59, thanks Cy

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

copying this over from wednesday's thread

@snuffalchewy - closing out picks will still be the same process...unfortunately, i don't think there is going to be a way to make that automated in my spreadsheet. i mean, i think it would be awesome if there was, so that we don't have these long delays in me getting to updating the spreadsheet with closing prices for members picks (like today for example on @stock1234's pick). i didn't get to updating the sheet for his closing price until just now.

that being said, google forms and google sheets together can be pretty powerful. i'm not actually dismissing that the above idea isn't possible. i'm just saying i personally don't know of a way to make it possible haha.

anyway, over the course of the next couple of weeks i am going to spend some time searching up the google docs database and see what i can find. maybe there is a way via google forms to freeze a cell (current price) at the time a form is submitted.

that would be an unbelievable game changer imho. so then the contests would be completely automated. :p

the goal here is to make these contests as automated as possible, so i'm not having to do anything.

my next agenda here is getting people's market votes automatically input into my members voting record spreadsheet. that would be the icing on the cake imo. :D