Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics December 2017 Stock Picking Contest & SPX Sentiment Poll

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see the SPX closing for the month of December 2017?

Poll closed Dec 1, 2017.
  1. Up.

100.0%
  2. Flat. (+/-1.00% or less)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Down.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics December 2017 Stock Picking Contest
    (Read this first post for the December 2017 Stock Picking Contest.)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @anotherdevilsadvocate the November 2017 Contest Winner!

*Link to the November 2017 Stock Picking Contest Thread*

On to the next! The December 2017 Stock Picking Contest starts at the opening bell on Friday, December 1st, 2017.

Important - Please read carefully: IF ONE OR MORE OF YOUR PICKS ARE OUT OF COMPLIANCE AFTER THE START OF THE CONTEST, YOUR POSITION WILL BE FORFEITED.

*When you make your picks, please make sure there are empty spaces around them, so they come up in the thread search.

Correct: AAPL - Long (Blank space after AAPL)
    Incorrect: AAPL- Long (No space after AAPL)
    • Pick TWO stocks, either long, short, that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange.
    • You cannot duplicate someone's exact play! For example- If someone picks AAPL - Long and BAC - Long first then you can only pick AAPL - Short and BAC - Long or AAPL - Long and BAC - Short <-- you may only duplicate 1 pick but not BOTH! Use the "Search This Thread" link as it only takes a few seconds to see if the ticker has been mentioned.
    • Get your picks in BEFORE the opening bell on Friday, December 1st. I will provide all the opening prices as I have the spreadsheet set to auto look up the opens.
    • The stock/ETF must close at $2 minimum the day before the contest. No Indexes or pinks/OTCBB.
    • You are only allowed 1 leveraged ETF. If you choose two, the second of the two does not count and is still up for grabs. If incorrect picks go un-noticed, you risk your position being forfeited. (These are the 2x/3x ETF's)
    • Once you pick something, that is it, it is yours unless it is not a valid pick. This way someone doesn't pick a stock that others want, then at the last second change it. Please do not edit your posts with your picks. If you pick one at a time, just use two separate posts instead of editing your first.
    • Optional - You may post a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for your picks, but it is not required.
    • You may choose to close out your pick at any time during the trading day. Please post your own closing price(s). We will be using the closing price of the 1 minute intraday chart with the time stamp of your post here on Stockaholics to get your official intraday closing prices!
    If you choose to close out one or both of your picks after the trading day is finished (after the closing bell), you will get the next day's opening price. PLEASE POST YOUR OWN OPENING PRICES!

Once again, it is your responsibility to check that your pick is not a duplicate. The "Search This Thread" link I mentioned makes this as simple as it can be. If you choose to not check and should you duplicate someone's pick, it will not count.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the contest starts at the opening bell on Friday, December 1st!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view the December 2017 contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the Stockaholics 2017 monthly contest winners-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the Stockaholics 2017 monthly contest winners spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 Stockaholics stock picking contest members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 monthly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for the month of December 2017
    Expires Friday at the opening bell on: 12/1/17
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does Stockaholics see the outcome of the S&P for the month of December?

[​IMG]

Starting Point:
    [​IMG]

**Starting point to be edited into this post after month close**
    *Link to Previous Monthly Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2017

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from November 2017
    2,647.58 +2.81%

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

Stockaholics wins the monthly poll tally for November! Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-1.00% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    4) Starting and ending points based on official month ending close of the market.
    5) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 bigbear0083, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Market UP

IMMU - long
    GALT - short

Going to try biopharmcatalyst.com for the monthly competition. There's 4 that sorta stand out to me...a lot of stuff in the catalyst calendar is "just" poster presentations at cancer conferences, and that kind of stuff is only partial data usually.

IMMU
    SACTUZUMAB GOVITECAN (IMMU-132)
    Cancer - metastatic triple-negative breast cancer
    Phase 3 December 5-9, 201712/05/2017
    Phase 3 enrollment commenced October 2017. BLA filing due between December 2017 and March 2018. Phase 2 data to be used for accelerated approval. Phase 2 updated data due at San Antonio Breast Cancer symposium (SABCS) December 5-9, 2017.
    <this is only a data update, but I'll take a chance. This drug's already got a name!>

GALT
    GR-MD-02
    Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) with cirrhosis
    Phase 2b Early December 201712/15/2017
    Phase 2b top-line data due early December 2017.
    <Phase 2b is a tough one, I'll take a chance that this one will fail. No name for this drug>

ATNM
    Actimab-A
    Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
    Phase 2 12/10/2017
    Phase 2 to initiated September 2016. Poster at ASH December 10, 2017 with top-line data due 1H 2018.
    <Just a poster presentation, so this usually doesn't cause that much excitement like official results that are due 1H18>

FBIO
    CAEL‐101
    AL amyloidosis
    Phase 1/2 12/10/2017
    Phase 1/2 data due at ASH December 10, 2017.
    <we'll see what kind of data they present at the conference>

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to the November 2017 contest winner and 1st time winner of the monthly contest (1st time winner in Q4!) @anotherdevilsadvocate! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place winner @Austin vanderweide and 3rd place winner @bigbear0083!

Here was the final contest results for the month of November-
    [​IMG]

Click on the button below to view the complete Stockaholics monthly contest winners & their winning picks in 2017-
    [​IMG]

And here is the monthly stock picking challenge members leaderboard as of month ending November-
    @anotherdevilsadvocate is our current leader this quarter with a total of 24 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2017 Stockaholics stock picking challenge leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

And finally, we have the complete monthly stock picking challenge members history which includes every pick from our active participants this year.

Click the button below to view the 2017 monthly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the full 2017 Stockaholics Poll Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

*Link to Previous Monthly Poll Thread*

Shout outs & kudos are in order to our 2 posted UP voters for the month of November-

@bigbear0083
    @stock1234

Special commendation goes out to our currently monthly poll consecutive leader with 5 in a row!-

@stock1234

[​IMG]

Awesome job stock1234!

And lastly a special commendation goes out to our current overall monthly poll percentage leader for the year with an 60.00% voting accuracy thus far in 2017-

@stock1234

Here is a look at the monthly poll members voting record leaderboard as of month ending November-
    @stock1234 is our current leader this quarter with 10 points thus far!
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete 2017 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this month ... GLTA in the new month ahead! and I hope you all have an awesome trading month of December! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

And please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote before the opening bell on Friday!!!

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

And finally, here is the Q4 contest update as of month ending November-

Quarterly Q4 2017 contest update-

Shout out to our current leader -- @twerpner!

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the Q4 2017 contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

SPX Q4 quarterly update as of month ending November-

2,647.58 +5.09%

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

market up

bac - long
    cat - long

8. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Here is this month's contest spreadsheet in case I'm unable to get around to it later tomorrow-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

NOTE: *Ignore the current "opening prices" as those will automatically correct to tomorrow's opening prices after 9:30am eastern time.*

Good luck to all of our participants in here for this month! :cool:

@anotherdevilsadvocate
    @bigbear0083

NOTE: I am just posting up this month's spreadsheet a little earlier than usual in here as I have a pretty busy day ahead of me for tomorrow. I will continue adding members picks up until the 9:30am eastern time opening bell tomorrow morning so don't think you are excluded from this week's contest if I haven't listed your name up right now. I just wanted to get this spreadsheet posted in here and out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting it up at a later time tomorrow. ;)

9. stock1234

stock1234 Well-Known Member

Market Up

HA - Long
    CTRP - Short

#9 stock1234, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  10. bigbear0083

Staff Member

SPX December 2017 monthly poll update as of week ending 12.1.17-

START: 2,647.58
    CURRENT: 2,642.22 (-0.20%)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2017 contest update as of week ending 12.1.17

Shout out to our current leader -- @bigbear0083!

[​IMG]

11. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Please close GALT at 1.45, on 1:49 pm. Thanks!

12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

SPX December 2017 monthly poll update as of week ending 12.8.17-

START: 2,647.58
    CURRENT: 2,651.50 (+0.15%)

December 2017 contest update as of week ending 12.8.17

Shout out to our current leader -- @anotherdevilsadvocate!

[​IMG]