Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Mystery Chart Guessing Game

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Mystery Chart Guessing Game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm bringing back these mystery chart contests from the dead ... you might recall that we used to run this on old HSM

Basically for those of you who have never seen this challenge, or don't know exactly what type of challenge this is...

Here is a brief description of just what this is here-
    • 1) I will post a chart ... it can be anything (stocks/etfs, indices, futures, forex, etc...)
    • 2) I will hide the price axis on the right side of the charts.
    • 3) I will hide the time axis on the bottom of the charts as well (if this is far too challenging and futile at any point, let me know and I will just go ahead and make this visible)
    • 4) As far as stocks go - I will only be posting ones that are over $5 with a market cap of over 1b
    • 5) Each member will have up to 3 guesses to get the chart correct, however after the 1st failed attempt that member will have to wait at least 1 hour until they can post their next guess (I will be using Stockaholics' post timestamps to monitor this...)
    • 6) Whoever can correctly guess the chart will have bragging rights for that trading week!
    • 7) If a member can correctly guess the chart also gets exclusive rights to pick out the next chart for following week's challenge (you would need to PM me your chart/ticker symbol so that I can have it posted for next week's pick!)
    • 8) I will only be conducting these contests once per week (preferably on the weekends)
    • 9) I will only be using 1-year daily charts for all mystery charts, unless otherwise stated!
    • 10) The member who wins the mystery chart for the current week, obviously cannot participate in the following week's chart due to the fact that they will be picking out the next chart!
    • 11) The member who wins the mystery chart for the current week, will have until the following Friday to submit the chart of their choice, as well as up to 3 hints/clues that can be used for the next week's mystery chart challenge.
    • 12) In the case of a no-winner week where no one was able to correctly guess the mystery chart for that particular week, the previous week's winner (chart picker) will once again have the rights to pick out the mystery chart for the following week again!
    If anyone has any questions about how this contest works, feel free to post them up in this thread!

I will come up with a mystery chart so we can get this thing rolling soon! Stay tuned!:)

2. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

I'll take a wild shot and say the Dow Jones Industrial Average

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

i haven't posted up the mystery chart yet! :p

i was waiting on ToS to complete their weekend maintenance ... looks like we're good to go now though!

so here we go, i'll make this weekend's mystery chart an easy one for you guys!

i won't post up any clues/hints at the very start of this ... will give you guys some time to figure it out ... but if nothing by later today or tomorrow then i will reveal your first hint!

THIS WEEK'S MYSTERY STOCK CHART:
    [​IMG]

have at it Stockaholics! whatcha all got for a guess? :)

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

HINT #1: yours truly had this as one of his picks on the weekly stock picking contest not too long ago lol

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

i'm sure this next hint i'm about to reveal a little later today will totally give away this week's mystery chart ... but i'll wait a little while longer to reveal this clue

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

HINT #2: it's a DJIA component ... yeah so that just totally gave it away! lol

really want someone to get this before this w/e is out...

7. bigbear0083

Staff Member

only 1 of the 30 charts can be right here haha ... which one is it? :eek:

8. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

ding! ding! ding! and we have a winner! :cool:

HD it is!

[​IMG]

@anotherdevilsadvocate whenever you can get a chance (you'll have up until this coming Friday) go ahead and PM me your mystery chart ticker as well as up to 3 hints/clues that you think we could use in the event Stockaholics stumbles across your next week's chart!

10. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Haven't done one of these in a really long time. Thought it'd be fun to bring this back at least one time this weekend.

I'm starting this off on an extremely easy chart. I'd be absolutely shocked if no one was about to correctly nail this down before the end of the weekend.

So, w/o getting into further ado here. What ticker does everyone think this stock chart is of?

Winner of this chart will get exclusive rights to pick out the next ticker for our next weekend's mystery chart. As well as up to 3 clues of their choice.

[​IMG]

11. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

All Day Breakfast!!!!

MCD

bigbear0083 likes this.
  12. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Apologies for not getting to this sooner @heyimsnuffles ... had one helluva crazy weekend here.

Nice job on the mystery chart this weekend on your first attempt. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whenever you're ready please send me the ticker of your choice for our next weekend's mystery chart, as well as up to 3 hints/clues we could use. You will have up to this Friday to submit your ticker and hints. Thx.

13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

This weekend's mystery chart is compliments of our past weekend's chart winner, @heyimsnuffles :)

What is this chart of Stockaholics? @heyimsnuffles has also graced us with a few clues just in case this chart should go unanswered this weekend. Hoping someone can get this before the weekend is out.

The winner of this mystery chart will get to pick out our next weekend's chart and up to 3 clues of their choice.

[​IMG]

14. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Hint # 1: Retail

15. heyimsnuffles

heyimsnuffles Active Member

I guess we could give them the time frame too :)

16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Haha. Looks like no guesses from anyone this weekend @heyimsnuffles (and I wasn't around this weekend to update this thread anyway lol).

If you want to you can go ahead and just reveal your chart! :p

I thought it was a good one too!

17. homosapienfromterra

homosapienfromterra Active Member

Thinking this is the weekly chart of SHLD?

bigbear0083 likes this.
  18. bigbear0083

Staff Member

ha! nice first guess there! actually it's a daily chart ... but yes it is indeed SHLD! nice going @homosapienfromterra :D

when you're ready go ahead and PM your ticker and up to 3 clues of your choice that we can use for this upcoming weekend's mystery chart. thx!

19. bigbear0083

Staff Member

This weekend's mystery chart is courtesy of our past weekend's chart winner, @homosapienfromterra :)

What is this chart of Stockaholics?

[​IMG]

@homosapienfromterra has also provided us with a few hints just in case this chart should go unanswered this weekend. Hoping someone can get this before the weekend is out!

The winner of this mystery chart will get to pick out our next weekend's chart and up to 3 clues of their choice.

Here are our past mystery charts winners and their winning picks in 2017 thus far-
    [​IMG]

20. Dre4

Dre4 Member

What are the clues for this one?