Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Weekly Stock Picking Contest & SPX Sentiment Poll (10/8-10/12)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see the SPX closing for the week of (10/8-10/12)?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2018.
  1. Up.

70.0%
  2. Flat. (+/-0.50% or less)

10.0%
  3. Down.

20.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Weekly Stock Picking Contest for the Week of (10/8-10/12)
    (Read this first post for the Stockaholics Weekly Stock Picking Contest)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @rStock the Stockaholics Weekly Contest Winner for the Week of (10/1-10/5)!

*Link to Stockaholics Weekly Stock Picking Contest Thread for the Week of (10/1-10/5)*

On to the next! The Stockaholics Weekly Stock Picking Contest for the Week of (10/8-10/12) starts at the opening bell on Monday, October 8th, 2018.

If you want to be eligible to participate in this week's contest here is what you need to do (REQUIRED!):

• 1.) Post 2 tickers (ex. AAPL = Apple) but YOU MUST pick 2 not just 1 or else I will not add you to our list of contestants!
    • 2.) Choose either Long or Short for each ticker (Obviously LONG = if you think it will go up ... or SHORT = if you think it will go down this week)
    • 3.) Both of your picks MUST each be at least $2 from Friday's closing price at the bare minimum! If you pick something that is under $2 then your pick will not count, and you will not be entered into this week's contest!
    Contest Rules (PLEASE READ THESE AND FOLLOW THEM!):
    • 1.) No OTC or IPOs.
    • 2.) No Futures, Forex, Indexes stuff like that... Equities ONLY that trade on the U.S. Stock Exchange!
    • 3.) If you don't post both the ticker AND the direction (LONG/SHORT) you won't be added to the list of contestants for this week's stock picking contest!
    • 4.) You cannot duplicate someone's exact play! For example- If someone picks AAPL - Long and BAC - Long first then you may only pick AAPL - Short and BAC - Long or AAPL - Long and BAC - Short <-- you may only duplicate 1 pick but not BOTH! This is a first come, first serve basis here!
    • 5.) Picks absolutely MUST be posted in here before the 9:30AM eastern time cash market open on the first trading day of the week!
    • 6.) You are NOT allowed to pick any leveraged ETFs/ETNs (2x/3x). If you choose one, it will not count. If incorrect picks go un-noticed, you risk your position being forfeited!
    • 7.) RATIONALE - You may post up a rationale (either technical or fundamental) for both of your picks but they are not required. This is optional for everyone. Members who do post up a rationale for their picks will receive an additional 2 points in the members leaderboard.
    • 8.) Please DO NOT EDIT your original post with your picks! If you absolutely must choose another pick, please use a separate post and state that you are changing your original pick to something else!
    • 9.) You may choose to close out one or both of your picks at any time during the trading week. PLEASE POST YOUR OWN CLOSING PRICE(S)! We will be using the intraday 1 minute closing price using the time stamp of your post on Stockaholics for when you closed out your pick. You will need to state which pick(s) you are closing out as well as the price & the time of when you closed out. I will be confirming that your closing price is correct by looking at the 1 min. intraday chart. If it is not correct, I will then post up your correct price and input that into the live spreadsheet. If you choose to close out after the trading day is finished (after the closing bell), you will then get the next day's opening price.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and if anyone sees someone else messing up, please correct them. Also, please look at your positions after I post the spreadsheets. I try to catch mistakes, in and out of my control, but need your help in making sure the information is accurate.

Remember...the contest starts at the opening bell on Monday, October 8th!

GLTA.

Click the button below to view this week's contest spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the Stockaholics 2018 weekly contest winners-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the Stockaholics 2018 weekly contest winners spreadsheet-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics stock picking contest members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 weekly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for the week of 10/8-10/12, 2018
    Expires Monday at the opening bell on: 10/8/18
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does Stockaholics think the S&P500 will close the week?

[​IMG]

Starting point:
    [​IMG]

**Starting point will be edited into this post after Friday close**
    *Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2018

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (10/1-10/5)
    2,885.57 -0.97%

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

No weekly poll tally for Stockaholics this week. Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

Notes/Guidelines:
    1) For purpose of the spreadsheet record flat is currently based on +/-0.50% or less. Of course, everyone can define flat any way they choose.
    2) Up, Flat, or Down must be clearly specified in a post in order to be listed in the spreadsheet, otherwise it'll be assumed that post was not intended to be a part of the official record.
    3) Because of the poll expiration at Sunday midnight GMT time zone, (Sunday 4pm PST / 7pm EST) I manually close the poll around 9pm - midnight in PST, or before I go to bed. You may notice the poll says to expire on Monday, but it does not. It will expire on Sunday the date that is in this post.4 pm PST / 7pm EST is just a bit too early and I want to give as much possible time for everyone to get a chance to vote.
    4) You may notice that some members have monthly and quarterly statistics in the spreadsheet. I add these based on at the start of the month or quarter taking into account past consistent voter-ship.
    5) It's OK to post your vote if you missed the deadline after the poll has expired and if the market has not really moved that much or especially if your late vote is opposite or flat of the S&P futures ATM. It will be up to my discretion and obviously, the more active voters will be given more leeway.
    6) Starting and ending points based on official close of the market Friday.
    7) The primary goal of this game is to track our performance. You can consider it a contest or as a personal critiquing tool to better ones performance

#1 bigbear0083, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ken34

Ken34 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

voting market up

twtr - long
    twlo - long

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Congratulations to this week's contest winner and 5th time winner of the weekly stock contest in 2018 (1st time winner in Q4!) -- @rStock! :cool:

Some worthy mentions also go out to our 2nd place winner -- @Lico Inv and 3rd place winner -- @Three Eyes!

Here was this week's final contest results:
    [​IMG]

Here are this year's weekly contest winners & their winning picks in Q4 thus far-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete weekly contest winners & their winning picks in 2018 thus far-
    [​IMG]

And here is the weekly contest members leaderboard as of week ending 10.5.18-
    @rStock is still our current leader this quarter with 15 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the weekly stock picking contest thus far in 2018-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics stock picking challenge leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

And finally, we have the complete weekly stock picking challenge members history which includes every pick from our active participants this year.

Click the button below to view the 2018 weekly stock picking contest members records-
    [​IMG]

4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the full 2018 Stockaholics Poll Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

*Link to Previous Weekly Poll Thread*

No weekly poll tally for Stockaholics this week. Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :cool:

Shout out goes out to our lone posted DOWN voter for this past week!-

@bigbear0083

Special commendation also goes out to our current weekly poll consecutive leader with 2 in a row!-

@bigbear0083

[​IMG]

And lastly a special commendation goes out to our current overall weekly poll percentage leader for the year with a 57.50% voting accuracy thus far in 2018!-

@stock1234

Here is a look at the weekly poll members voting record leaderboard as of week ending 10.5.18-
    @bigbear0083 is our current leader this quarter with 5 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the weekly voting records thus far in 2018-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the complete 2018 Poll Member Voting Record Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week ... and I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

...and please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote before the opening bell on Monday!!!

5. bigbear0083

Staff Member

market - up

bac - long
    nvda - long

6. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Here is this week's contest spreadsheet in case I'm unable to get around to it later tomorrow-
    [​IMG] <-- click there to view!

NOTE: *Ignore the current "opening prices" as those will automatically correct to tomorrow's opening prices after 9:30am eastern time.*

Good luck to all of our participants in here for this week! :cool:

@Ken34
    @bigbear0083

NOTE: I am just posting up this week's spreadsheet a little earlier than usual in here as I have a pretty busy day ahead of me for tomorrow. I will continue adding members picks up until the 9:30am eastern time opening bell tomorrow morning so don't think you are excluded from this week's contest if I haven't listed your name up right now. I just wanted to get this spreadsheet posted in here and out of the way so I don't have to worry about getting it up at a later time tomorrow. ;)

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Market UP

C - short
    JPM - short

Lots of volume in banks this week, but it was at POC. Betting on lower highs holding up.

8. snuffalchewy

snuffalchewy Member

Market DOWN

IMMP - Long
    ANIX - Long

bigbear0083 likes this.
  9. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Active Member

Market UP

RELL - Long
    ENZ - Long

10. Three Eyes

Three Eyes Well-Known Member

Market = down

BABA - short
    INTC - short

bigbear0083 likes this.
  11. rStock

rStock Active Member

Market UP

ALT - Long
    IGC - Long

12. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Member

Market - Flat

CBOE - Short
    UTX - Long

13. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

Market Up

HES - Long
    SJM - Long

14. ApexC

ApexC Active Member

ARQL - Short
    CGNX - Short

15. rStock

rStock Active Member

Pls close my IGC at market close today (4pm)
    Thanks CY

bigbear0083 likes this.
  16. bigbear0083

Staff Member

IGC 10/8/18 closing price: 6.74

17. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stock Picking Contest Winner

@rStock not giving us much of a chance lately in the contests :p

18. rStock

rStock Active Member

Haha on daily contest maybe ... :D

stock1234 likes this.
  19. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Midweek SPX update-

START (10/5 CLOSE): 2,885.57
    CURRENT (10/10 CLOSE): 2,785.68 (-3.46%)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midweek weekly contest update:

Shout out to our current leader -- @rStock! :cool:

[​IMG]