Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge (3/11-3/15)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see this week's chart closing for the week?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2019.
  1. Up.

50.0%
  2. Down.

50.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge (3/11-3/15)
    (Read this first post for the Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge!)

[​IMG]

*Link to Previous Weekly T/A Charting Challenge Thread*

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge Rules & Guidelines:

1.) Participants will take turns each week to post up a chart.

2.) Participants (including the chart picker) will need to then vote on the direction of the chart for the week (starting points from Friday's close), and will have up until 9:30am eastern time on the first trading day of the week. There will be a new poll up for each new week. Members who correctly predict the direction (Up or Down) of the chart by week's end will receive 10 points in the members leaderboard for that week.

3.) Members who also provide some rationale for their direction vote (this can be brief) will be awarded another 2 points in the members leaderboard.

4.) Members who simply "participate" in the challenge will receive 1 point for the week.

Remember...the chart direction poll closes at the opening bell on the first trading day of the new week! So try to get those votes in ASAP!

So, w/o getting into further ado have at it with the T/A on this week's charting challenge!

(Chart to be posted in here sometime after the market closes on Friday.)

DYNAMIC DAILY CHART:

[​IMG]

DYNAMIC WEEKLY CHART:

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for the week of 3/11-3/15, 2019
    Expires Monday at the opening bell on: 3/11/19
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does Stockaholics think this week's chart will close the week?

[​IMG]

Starting point:

**Starting point will be edited into this post after Friday close**
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2019

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Members Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (3/4-3/8)
    1.91 (+0.42%)

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

Stockaholics wins the weekly poll tally this week. Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

#1 bigbear0083, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

Stockaholics wins the weekly poll tally this week. Credit goes to the UP votes! :cool:

Congratulations to the following members who voted UP in the poll!

@bigbear0083
    @Three Eyes
    @Steven_Burt
    @Stoch
    @rStock

Weekly T/A charting challenge direction voting poll stats:
    • Longest active weekly winning streak belongs @bigbear0083 with 6 straight correct weekly charting direction calls.
    • Best overall weekly poll percentage leader for the year belongs to @bigbear0083 at 90.00% accuracy in 2019.
    • Best overall weekly poll percentage leader for the quarter belongs to @bigbear0083 at 90.00% accuracy this quarter.
    • Most consecutive correct weekly calls in 2019 belongs to @Onepoint272 and @bigbear0083 (still active) with 6 correct weekly calls.
    • Most consecutive correct weekly calls ever belongs to @Steven_Burt, @Onepoint272, and @bigbear0083 (still active) with 6 correct calls in 2019.
    Here is a look at the weekly T/A charting poll members voting record leaderboard as of week ending 3.8.19-
    @Onepoint272 is still our current leader this quarter with 102 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the weekly T/A charting voting records thus far in 2019-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Members Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week. I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

Please Post your Vote on this thread and make sure to also click in your Vote on the poll at the top by 9:30AM eastern time on Monday!

Onepoint272 likes this.
  3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Notable mentions goes out to yours truly this week who extends the current Stockaholics weekly winning streak high with 6 in a row.

[​IMG]

Onepoint272 likes this.
  4. bigbear0083

Staff Member

5. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

fun! I choose:
    $KHC
    Lots of volatility recently. Interested to hear ya'lls thoughts.

6. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

#6 Onepoint272, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  7. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

I'm taking a road trip this weekend north into snow country, so no time to dally. I'm going to take my best shot on this and say UP. I think it will build cause in the TR during the coming week.

65-minute bars:
    upload_2019-3-8_20-53-44.png

Steven_Burt likes this.
  8. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Agree with @Onepoint272 's boxing of the trading range and KHC's closing price on Friday near the bottom of it. In the coming week, though, it's gonna be pretty dead and flat, so flipping a coin . . . and it was heads:

UP

Steven_Burt likes this.
  9. bigbear0083

Staff Member

hmm, i'm liking that up on khc for this coming week as well...looks a bit extended on the downside imo...also maybe a tweezer bottom on the weekly. 6-week winning streak on the line for me this week so we'll see how it goes. :p

have a great road trip @Onepoint272! :cool:

10. internationalstocks

internationalstocks Active Member

This coming week will be interesting as next Friday is the 3rd Friday of the month which is the last day of 1st quarter Forex Futures expirations. This Someone really bought this up during the last 1 hour before close on Friday. I had picked up some SPY Calls at around $2.27 of which I sold at $2.45 of which I thought to myself before if I could make 8-10% per day I would be quite happy. After I sold they shot up another 40% :mad::mad::( The craziest part was at the end of the sessions was how there were buyers but no sellers. You could see this with Bid and Ask prices for SPY Calls. I would have happily sold for the high asking price on Friday before closing. The asking price was much higher then what the last sell and buy transaction that took place before that was for which means it closed very very bullish. Usually when that happens the following week markets open up.

Onepoint272 and Steven_Burt like this.
  11. Stoch

Stoch Active Member

Voting down. Think its a down options week for the market and the drop extends. That Friday 150 points in the last 1/2 hour, plus 50 more after hours was very unusual. Maybe closing shorts in case the weekend had trade announcements?

[​IMG]

12. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I'll try the mayomust because I love mustard. Hope it's not more mustard than mayo, and something a little extra like honey or a surprise.

Lico Inv likes this.
  14. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

In the relative strength chart, the weekly candle was a (hard-to-see) doji.
    [​IMG]

In other words, KHC moved right with the market. imo the downward push has lost its steam. I'll vote UP.

Onepoint272 and Steven_Burt like this.
  15. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt Well-Known Member

Gotta go with DOWN on this one.

To me it looks like it has just worked off its oversold condition via time. I find it very common for stocks to sell off hard and move sideways into the ma(9) before the next leg down.

khc.png

bigbear0083, Onepoint272 and Lico Inv like this.
  16. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

17. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

agreed, this is an often occurrence.

18. Lico Inv

Lico Inv Active Member

I say Slightly Down. Just as KHC enters solid Valuation in the low 30s, high 20s range. What's hitting them is the tough competition by small companies in e-commerce, and they haven't necessarily been targeting the Organic industry as hard as they can be. The downtrend has been ongoing for their stock for some time- they may need to do some big Board changes to get this company rolling back on all cylinders.

bigbear0083 and Steven_Burt like this.
  19. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Midweek Chart Update-

START (3/8/19 CLOSE): 32.10
    CURRENT (3/13/19 CLOSE): 32.30 (+0.62%)

[​IMG]

Steven_Burt and Onepoint272 like this.