Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge (7/15-7/19)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

How do you see this week's chart closing for the week?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Up.

75.0%
  2. Down.

25.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge (7/15-7/19)
    (Read this first post for the Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge!)

[​IMG]

*Link to Previous Weekly T/A Charting Challenge Thread*

Stockaholics Weekly T/A Charting Challenge Rules & Guidelines:

1.) Participants will take turns each week to post up a chart.

2.) Participants (including the chart picker) will need to then vote on the direction of the chart for the week (starting points from Friday's close), and will have up until 9:30am eastern time on the first trading day of the week. There will be a new poll up for each new week. Members who correctly predict the direction (Up or Down) of the chart by week's end will receive 10 points in the members leaderboard for that week.

3.) Members who also provide some rationale for their direction vote (this can be brief) will be awarded another 2 points in the members leaderboard.

4.) Members who simply "participate" in the challenge will receive 1 point for the week.

Remember...the chart direction poll closes at the opening bell on the first trading day of the new week! So try to get those votes in ASAP!

So, w/o getting into further ado have at it with the T/A on this week's charting challenge!

(Chart to be posted in here sometime after the market closes on Friday.)

DYNAMIC DAILY CHART:

[​IMG]

DYNAMIC WEEKLY CHART:

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a poll for the week of 7/15-7/19, 2019
    Expires Monday at the opening bell on: 7/15/19
    Don't forget to click the "Vote Now" button! ;)

How does Stockaholics think this week's chart will close the week?

[​IMG]

Starting point:

**Starting point will be edited into this post after Friday close**
    Don't forget to post your vote to be listed in the 2019

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Members Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Results from the last poll (7/8-7/12)
    8.12 (-0.61%)

Stockaholics Voted
    [​IMG]

No weekly poll tally for Stockaholics this week. Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :cool:

Post your Vote!
    [​IMG]

#1 bigbear0083, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Onepoint272 likes this.
  2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Post #1 Updated!
    Scores Graded!

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Member Voting Record-
    [​IMG]

No weekly poll tally for Stockaholics this week. Credit goes to the DOWN votes! :cool:

Congratulations to the following members who voted DOWN in the poll!

(NONE)

Weekly T/A charting challenge direction voting poll stats:
    • Longest active weekly winning streak belongs to NONE with 0 straight correct weekly charting direction calls.
    • Best overall weekly poll percentage leader for the year belongs to @bigbear0083 at 67.86% voting accuracy in 2019.
    • Best overall weekly poll percentage leader for the quarter belongs to 5 members at 50.00% voting accuracy this quarter.
    • Most consecutive correct weekly calls in 2019 belongs to @Onepoint272 and @bigbear0083 with 6 correct weekly calls.
    • Most consecutive correct weekly calls ever belongs to @Steven_Burt, @Onepoint272, and @bigbear0083 with 6 correct calls in 2019.
    Here is a look at the weekly T/A charting poll members voting record leaderboard as of week ending 7.12.19-
    @Onepoint272, @Three Eyes and @Stoch are our current leaders this quarter with 15 points! :cool:
    [​IMG]

And finally here are just some members stats from the weekly T/A charting voting records thus far in 2019-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2019 Stockaholics T/A Charting Challenge Members Leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week. I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

Please Post your Vote on this thread and make sure to also click in your Vote on the poll at the top by 9:30AM eastern time on Monday!

Onepoint272 likes this.
  3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

4. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

Okay, let's go with AMD

5. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

The weekly to me looks a little extended from the 50 wma, but I think it wants a close above above 34 (closer to 35) before retreating. So I'll vote...

UP

Onepoint272 likes this.
  6. Onepoint272

Thanks for checking in @Three Eyes. Appreciate your super-powered (3 eyes) insight as I've been considering taking a position next week. Hope your trip is off to a good start.

Three Eyes likes this.
  7. Stoch

Stoch Active Member

Voting down due to a possible double top and a little negative divergence on the RSI

bigbear0083 and Onepoint272 like this.
  8. Onepoint272

Thanks Stoch, I often neglect checking for divergence on the indicators. Appears this will need to turn back up quickly to correct that divergence. If I do go long that will be a good reason to set a "time" stop.

9. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

I'll vote UP. I'm confident it'll do it eventually.

I like the RSI overcoming 60 recently on the daily and weekly time frames. I don't think 34 is too much of a resistance this time because it bounced back so soon, and also in the relative strength it doesn't "match up"

daily price chart
    [​IMG]

monthly price chart
    [​IMG]
    First time to 34 was just a quick peek. Second time to 34 turned back at top of an upchannel. The pullback after that held above the monthly declining tops line.

relative strength chart
    [​IMG]

Onepoint272 likes this.
  10. rStock

rStock Well-Known Member

DOWN

bigbear0083 likes this.
  11. Onepoint272

I'm saying UP. My P&F work shows this has legs to $45 to $49 (36% to 48% from here). Of course that doesn't help with what might happen this week.
    Daily bars:
    upload_2019-7-14_23-19-46.png

Zooming into the intraday chart, it is evident that the monthly pivot has already been tagged (last month's average of H, L, C). The last trip to take out 34 was met with lack of demand at the first monthly pivot-resistance line which sent it back to the demand line of the uptrend channel where the volume dried up, and dried up even more on the test in the penultimate hour of trading. I'd like to see it tag next weeks pivot (last week's average of H, L, C) at the open.

65-min bars:
    upload_2019-7-14_23-13-59.png

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.
  12. Onepoint272

Well Monday morning it did not go down to tag the weekly pivot and instead shot up and formed a trading range (TR) above resistance with selling tails on the 30-min chart. So I let it go...and I'd probably change my UP vote if I could.

Tuesday's open began on the right-hand side of the TR (established on Monday) with a scary supply bar, a sign of weakness (SOW). It then sprung back up into an upthrust-after-distribution (UTAD) and broke down. It then tested the TR with no demand and finished the day at the LOD.

Using 10-minute data and a 10-cent-box and 3-box-reversal point and figure count gives a target for that little trading range of 32.20 which is below the weekly pivot and more importantly well below the uptrend channel. But my confidence in a PnF of such a short time frame is not great. Have to wait and see if 33.38 and the demand line of the uptrend channel can hold.

30-minute bars:
    upload_2019-7-17_2-29-30.png

bigbear0083 likes this.
  13. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Midweek Chart Update-

START (7/12/19 CLOSE): 33.21
    CURRENT (7/17/19 CLOSE): 33.60 (+1.17%)

[​IMG]

Onepoint272 likes this.