SYNA - Synaptics, Inc.

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Rock Sexton, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Meat Popsicle

Synaptics Incorporated develops, markets, and sells intuitive human interface solutions for electronic devices and products worldwide. The company offers its human interface products solutions for mobile product applications, including smartphones, tablets, and touchscreen applications, as well as mobile, handheld, wireless, and entertainment devices; notebook applications; and other personal computer (PC) product applications, such as peripherals comprising keyboards, mice, and monitors, as well as remote control devices for desktops, PCs, and digital home applications. Its products include ClearPad, which enables the user to interact directly with the display on smartphones and tablets; display driver products that provide advanced image processing technology for entry-level smartphones through high-resolution tablets; and Natural ID, a fingerprint ID for use in smartphones, tablets, notebook PCs, PC peripherals, and other applications. The company’s products also comprise TouchPad, a touch-sensitive pad that senses the position and movement of one or more fingers on its surface; SecurePad that integrates fingerprint sensor directly into the TouchPad area; ClickPad, a clickable mechanical design to the TouchPad application that eliminates the need for physical buttons; and ForcePad, a thinner version of its ClickPad. Further, its other product solutions include dual pointing solutions, which offer TouchPad with a pointing stick in a single notebook computer enabling users to select their interface of choice; TouchStyk, a self-contained pointing stick module; and TouchButtons, which provide capacitive buttons and scrolling controls. The company sells its products through direct sales, outside sales representatives, and distributors. It serves smartphone, tablet, and PC original equipment manufacturers, as well as a various consumer electronics manufacturers. Synaptics Incorporated was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.

[​IMG]

Corporate Governance
    Synaptics Inc.’s ISS Governance QuickScore as of July 1, 2016 is 5.The pillar scores are Audit: 2; Board: 4; Shareholder Rights: 6; Compensation: 6.

synau1.JPG synau2.JPG

#1 Rock Sexton, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Rock Sexton

Bought in this morning for 800 shares @ $52.67 and impatience got the best of me (what's new) as I sold at some minor daily chart horizontal resistance @ 55.38.

I do believe I will live to regret it as June 17th's sell climax looks like panic to me - running weak hands out of their positions. There was also a major stop volume candle all the way back in May. If this thing holds above that horizontal line I drew on the weekly chart - it's your quintessential "Wyckoff Spring". That's the biggest factor.

My guess is there were more details in the conference call they had after the earnings report last week. The initial reaction was a shake out.
    • Daily chart is showing a virgin gap to fill up at the 60 area
    • Positive Divergence on the daily chart
    • HVN (high volume node) back at 65
    SYNAudpate2.JPG SYNAupdate.JPG

#2 Rock Sexton, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Break out above $55 was also a good sign!

4. Rock Sexton

Well, that horizontal line I detailed in my weekly chart ended up holding ..... she's down 5.5% today, albeit on light volume. Still have to wait for Friday to roll around to get an end of week confirmation.

5. Rock Sexton

Slightly over-shot my target of $65, but still acquired nonetheless (in October).

SYNAupdate.JPG

Onepoint272 likes this.
  6. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

Synaptics To Acquire DSP Group At 18% Premium
    9:42 am ET August 30, 2021 (Benzinga) Print
    • Synaptics Inc (NASDAQ: SYNA) agreed to acquire voice and wireless chipset solutions provider DSP Group Inc (NASDAQ: DSPG) in an all-cash transaction of $22 per share.
    • The purchase price implies a 17.9% premium to DSP's Friday closing price of $18.66.
    • The combination is likely to generate annual run-rate synergies of $30 million and is immediately accretive to Synaptics' non-GAAP earnings.
    • Synaptics will finance the acquisition via a combination of cash on hand and debt. The transaction will close by the end of CY21.
    • DSP Group's SmartVoice products will help Synaptics create a complete portfolio to serve existing customer needs and address the significant future market.
    • Additionally, the combination further strengthens Synaptics' wireless connectivity portfolio by adding DECT Ultra Low Energy (ULE), enabling a fully-featured intelligent home security solution.
    • Synaptics held $836.3 million in cash and equivalents as of June 30.
    • Price Action: DSP shares traded higher by 17.10% at $21.85 in the market session on the last check Monday.

© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Didn't know SYNA was so hot.

8. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

i have my finger on the pulse of actively traded stocks. but what i like most about this thread is the mini wickoff chart tutorial in post #2.

anotherdevilsadvocate likes this.