Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by bigbear0083, Apr 1, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

WOW that was a quick TSLA drop - nice gains today but hope none held!!

this thing is neurotic - already back up by $9+ -- tomorrow should another fun day in stockland.

#3661 fireopal, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. the owl

the owl Active Member

Premarket makes your TSLA with look like it will come true!

fireopal likes this.
  3. the owl

the owl Active Member

Also, I got back into GE yesterday a bit over 9.00. Not so sure what is going to happen, this was my go to years ago and now has just been a dog (from a long standpoint).

And it's not too late to join the CRMD party. It's certainly over your $1 limit!!

#3663 the owl, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    fireopal likes this.
  4. fireopal

Posted awhile ago that GE was heading back over $10 & too bad i didn't follow my own my own prediction and hold onto it :rolleyes: FB one ofmy longs did amazing & probably should sell but think there a few more $ coming. WTW announced partnership with Khols so that swing is bringing a few cents. Sold NIO swing this am but still watching. IMGN back over $5 finally!!

5. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

1/31/19: keep an eye on PCG (PG&E) - $13 - filed bankruptcy, but has new financing.

6. fireopal

@Neil Allen - thanks for the heads up, didn't look at it all today. Think i really need to start working on setting alerts - just discovered that i missed a real nice SAGE move & i am sure there are probably others on my watchlists that have yet to be discovered, grr.

7. the owl

the owl Active Member

My longs are V and UNH, can't seem to get enough of them!

My AMD play is decent too!
    NVDA seems to be making a comeback, I wonder if it will hold?

8. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

careful on NVDA imo - take a look at little known COHU & BRKS for semis - low vol.; but good for long term.

9. fireopal

ER due 2/14 so think there is a good change of it filling gap up to $150- $160 area. Back to add that if this goes through then PPS has move up to at least this price >> NVIDIA Responds to TRC Capital’s ‘Mini-Tender’ Offer - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidia-responds-trc-capital-mini-230000468.html

Another one with ER coming up on 2/8 is my baby IMGN so this too should be in play with some more green BUT also read an article expecting a decline here BUT they were not completely sure and eluded to conf call BUT i won't be holding through er anyway :D

Forgot all LCI - ER due 2/6 and this one has that black swan man behind it so it too should be popping

#3669 fireopal, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  10. the owl

the owl Active Member

fireopal - congrats if you are still in Roku. Nice pop today.

fireopal likes this.
  11. fireopal

played AXSM & APHA last week. APHA made nice move this am without me but got AXSM & all might wanna keep this one on radar for $10 break.

12. fireopal

logged out too quick & saw your post on way off. def still holding this one & not too late to pick up some b/c really think this will see $60's with er coming up!!

13. the owl

the owl Active Member

Maybe next time around, I had a great play with Roku last year. I have almost all of my short positions in CRMD again....

14. fireopal

sold CRON way too soon!! Think i posted INSY play last year & it's coming up from double bottom.

15. fireopal

took some ROKU profits but still holding some for er & so wish for another $29-$30's dip > HA! NVDA doing pretty well today too & still think it might head a bit higher.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  16. fireopal

hope some caught dip - broke $10 & i'm expecting more!

17. fireopal

hope some caught this under $4 - my only under $10 that worked out so well and too bad they all don't work as nice as this one did!!

Back to add SEEL- r/s last month that has been on radar - very oversold and nice gap up

#3677 fireopal, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  18. the owl

the owl Active Member

CHD had a big drop yesterday, I jumping in hoping for a quick bounce but I am okay if it turns into a hold at this price.

19. fireopal

Late this mrorning and missed AXSM pre highs (11.90's) :mad: BUT got out close enough to my $11 PT. Played SNAP & just posted in IMGN thread that i am done with it.

20. fireopal

SGMO posted WAY back & crazy play today - watched & did "mental" scalp from $6.10 ( *Corrrecting $7.10)

Ok got one SGMO scalp but not as big as first one "woulda" been ($7.79 - out $8.30) Other plays today LCI and NIO.

Back to say SGMO will be on radar - really trying to get through $7.48-$7.50 resistance areas & if it gets through that then should move up real nice imo

#3680 fireopal, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019