Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by bigbear0083, Apr 1, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

have been so wrapped up with other plays that i forgot all about this one & just took a look so good call & congrats if you are still playing with this!!

2. the owl

the owl Active Member

Super super risky but I may look for a play on HSGX today. Down 30% in PM

3. fireopal

already took a hit on this one when it was in the $2's & no way i'm going anywhere near it now!! Played AMRS and currently in GE.

4. the owl

the owl Active Member

I remember you posting that. I threw $200 that way just to see what happens, got in at $0.12.

GE - I own some at around $9 but do not know what to think anymore. Do I look for an exit, hold for long and hope.....

Anyways, Have a great weekend!

5. fireopal

6. fireopal

have to slow down with logging off & back to say that i have only been scalping GE since i sold swing & missed bigger move and hope to get some around $9 or maybe even under $9 which might be a bit a stretch. Hope you have a good weekend too :)

7. the owl

the owl Active Member

Black Rock upped their position in CRMD and it is causing a small jump here. Should get some NDA news from the FDA within the month.

#3687 the owl, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. the owl

the owl Active Member

I doubt I need to even put a ticker in here for you two. But today has been a great day!

Thanks again Neil!

Neil Allen likes this.
  9. the owl

the owl Active Member

If your watching closely you could make some money on EARS (Auris Medical) this morning. JNJ bought Auris Health and people are confusing it with EARS. I'm selling right after open and hoping for a quick 25%..

10. fireopal

SOLO 3 wheel electric car that i want lol - great play today!! GE looking like $11's coming up real soon - UXIN also nice & still holding bag that i hope to be out from under real soon - ER due. PYX should be heading higher & PTI on radar - results due & has been picking up some institutional buying last couple.

11. fireopal

12. the owl

the owl Active Member

Took CRMD profit and now and catching these falling knives to do it again....

13. Kaban

Kaban Member

14. fireopal

so where are you two hiding??? if still checking in here then might wanna keep KPTI on radar on Monday - got a couple nice scalps today & think ODAC vote on Tuesday will determine whether it recovers or heads even more south.

15. the owl

the owl Active Member

Sorry guys, I had a new kiddo last Tuesday and haven't found much time to log on or trade anything.

CRMD - looks like the uptrend will continue and RSI is down around 50. I'm loaded back up here.
    GE - Nice jump and it looks like it will hold!
    CRSP - All of the genetics stocks a going crazy today. I remember some big news about this stuff last year but nothing really happened. I will watch for an uptrend.
    KPTI - Looks interesting. The trials look to have mediocre (at best) results, but everyone seems to really be hating on it now so it could be great to jump in, I just need to do research. With the results of phase 2 I would be surprised if they get the green light to go ahead with phase 3 likely they need to repeat phase 2 with better success.

This is just a rant, I still cant get a grip on the market as a whole this year. Everyone claims recession and housing crisis looming (on roughly no fundamentals), then Trump will say the China trade is going positive and BOOM, everything up but can be taken back down on news that is positive but perceived negative....most people are irrational than rational I guess.

Sorry lengthy post.

fireopal likes this.
  16. fireopal

lol new baby is a very good excuse for not being around @the owl and you are also allowed to make long posts when you haven't posted for awhile either :D so guess that other character should have a really long one when he shows back up! :rolleyes:

wasn't here for afternoon so only got NIO today. Looks KPTI still halted - approval vote delayed until Phase 3 so will be very interesting to see what happens here tomorrow!!

17. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

2/28/19: Favs: ZNGA: $5.22 -- CGC: $47.41 -- JD: $27.21 -- RIBT: $3.48

18. Neil Allen

3/1/19: FTEK: $1.41 +14% - IRWD: $14.81 (#1 bio pic) - PS: $34.14 (online ed.) - ACB: $7.34 (#2 cannabis pic) - AMZN: $1671 (Amazon - break-out)

19. Neil Allen

oldie - now goodie: MAT: $14.89 - CEO & CFO insider buys:

MAT Mattel Inc /de/ 1st time Dolan Michael J 30,000 $13.96 $418,800 2019-02-22
    Euteneuer Joseph J (Chief Financial Officer) 20,000 $13.95 $279,000 2019-02-22
    Kreiz Ynon (Chairman & CEO) 71,425 $14.02 $1,001,378 2019-02-

2/28/19: Mattel partnered with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures (“MGM”) to develop a live-action motion picture based on View-Master. Mattel and MGM are supposed to produce the film. This collaboration is the second in line after Mattel and MGM decided to create a feature film based on the American Girl brand. A few months back, Mattel also partnered with AT&T Inc.’s T Warner Bros. These partnerships are likely to drive Mattel’s sales over the long term. Shares of Mattel have gained over the past three months against the industry’s collective decline. The share price appreciation can be attributed to the company’s robust point of sale momentum. Further, partnerships and expansion in international markets bode well for Mattel.

[​IMG]

20. Neil Allen

Congrats on bambino!!! :):):)