Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by bigbear0083, Apr 1, 2016.

1. the owl

the owl Active Member

Again, I apologize for more healthcare sector stuff, it's just easy to research with my normal job.

CVS - is looking into oversold territory in my opinion. Which is especially interesting considering the Aetna merger last fall as there will likely be changes in the next 18 months. Not a day trade but a bit of a buy and hold, I am looking for an entry point.

2. Jeremy Kruid

Jeremy Kruid New Member

I am looking at aapl today.

3. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

hey - cameo appearance :cool: - keep an eye on WYY - $0.57 - earnings next week - creeping up lately - happy hunting!

4. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

have pretty much given up posting in this tread b/c talking to myself most of the time anyway & no thread for CPRX to post in but might wanna keep this on radar - doing well today

5. the owl

the owl Active Member

haha you two disappeared so I just stopped posting to.

How about TSLA lately.... its a boat anchor!

6. fireopal

she stops by to say hello but all furniture is gone and she only hears an echo lol...

OldFart likes this.
  7. fireopal

posting a little Bollywood play i've had on radar - short hedge brought it down and lots of law suits etc but filing due i think today and highly unlikely it will fill the gap up but it's not going anywhere lol

[​IMG]

8. Auri

Auri Member

9. Intern shIp

Intern shIp New Member

I'll apologize ahead for the anterotic echo ;) From what I could read, you always have a keen eye for when to sell&buy, may I know which platform you are using to do this neatly&cleanly?

My, that went south! I was just reading on some rules and reglementations that mentioned the fact that according to NYSE rule 80 https://www.sapling.com/6589961/happens-falls-below-1-nyse 802.01C of the Exchange's Listed Company Manual, which stipulates that the price of a stock must not fall below $1 for a consecutive 30-day trading period, nor should it have an average stock price closing below $2 in the same period. If this happens, the stock is considered non-compliant, and the company has six months to bring its share price and the average share price back above $1. If the company fails to do so or fails to acknowledge the fact, suspension and delisting procedures can take place.

Of course it wasn't a problem when Ford went down, as the government, for those that remember, bailed em out on one side, and apparently suspended said rule for three months!
    The NYSE and NASDAQ markets both suspended the rule in December 2008 for a period of three months to enable companies such as GM, Ford and Office Depot to recover their prices.

10. Intern shIp

Intern shIp New Member

Agreed with you, this would be very inspiring was it not for the fact they've been drilling for more than a decade.

Well at least they have their warrant&dividend listing very clearly. Which is also one of the reason that made me buy Israeli bonds as well. I spoke with a Retired Canadian economist during the last election. We were both working for the same district and he mentioned that in case of a really bad war, all the Canadian bonds would prove to be useless(I guess it would also be the case for the US) so that made me think I should go for the democratic state in the middle east solution.
    who knows, maybe they'll start fracking eventually?
    https://elishavision.com/2018/02/14/zion-oil-strikes-oil-in-israel/
    https://www.zionoil.com/dspp/dspp-faq/ They give interesting options
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/zion-oil-gas-announces-launch-223500182.html
    www.israelbonds.com

fireopal likes this.
  11. fireopal

hello! this post has to be a couple years old bc have not had Meet or ZN on radar for a very long time and VERI hit 16's up and down BUT ROKU was clearly the best of these picks!!

12. fireopal

sharing another way under $10 bottom play i've had on radar since Parkinson's drug failure - had a little vol surge around close and is hard not breaking my rule and picking up a little under $1 but waiting...

[​IMG]

13. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Another under a buck stock, maybe a rebound soon.

chart.ashx.png

14. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

This one is a REIT.
    Resistance 1: 42.90
    Resistance 2: 50.11

Support 1: 41.06
    Support 2: 39.92
    If it goes the bull way it should be confirmed above 42.90 on Monday, August 19th. After that, room to run.

chart.ashx.png