The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

KEM has been on watch list and missed break but am up by .40 cents already so may want to keep on radar.

2. fireopal

Sheesh need to hire someone to help me with watch lists or set up more alerts - see that i missed KURA too which i posted so hope some caught it - nice $1.00 pop :(

3. fireopal

Back in CLF for a little less than i sold for so to hold or sell is the question again.

Adding - easy solution >> sold half - has to go higher than insider buys!

Scaling into INO - doji on weekly and hope that means north not south but will add if it drops for next run.

#1043 fireopal, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. fireopal

SAGE nice today. Picked up a few AAOI & hoping for a few more lower. Also watching EXAS.

5. fireopal

on side lines watching and SO wish i had bought BLUE last week :mad: Added a few more AAOI and picked up a few EXAS.

6. homosapienfromterra

homosapienfromterra Active Member

CVNA Caravana Co. a small IPO shot up today nearly 25% on it's first quarterly results. Revenue up by more than 100% on the same quarter last year. This company is selling cars direct to customers through the internet and has 9 fully automatic car vending machines.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...evenue-in-its-first.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

I know how much the millennials hate shopping and actually dealing with salesmen, also your car has not been out on the lot. I think this could take off, but expect a reaction from established players they are not going to roll over and give in.

The reader of this has just got to checkout the company website. https://www.caravana.com you can buy your car from your smart phone! Also they do a 7 day test own you get a 7 day money back guarentee.

How many times have you been to a car dealer and been talked into buying something you later regretted? This is the perfect solution.

I do not currently own the stock as I never buy on hype I would rather wait for some terrible market news and sneak in at a low price.

fireopal likes this.
  7. fireopal

^^ just saw this ticker not long ago but didn't pay any attention so will check it out and keep on radar b/c many times er winners turn out to be good plays for a few days.

8. fireopal

EXPR - sold half @ $7
    INO just sold new position - will buy on pullbacks (always keep a core here - has made me money since under $1)
    Picked up BOOT - BCRX. Watching ADMP (PDUFA coming up next week but not looking good lol)
    still holding some that are already posted.

9. hpdriver86

hpdriver86 New Member

JNPR .. bought call options for 31 exp July 21. Should go to 45+ by 2018

10. sutzki

sutzki New Member

NHEGY (US) HAWK (UK) technically oversold
    Nighthawk Energy is among the leading independent oil and natural gas companies operating in the Denver-Julesburg (DJ) Basin of Colorado, USA.

Good tip for a multibagger. It's massively down but the crucial news are going to hit the markets end of this month. Low RSI making it oversold. Investors are away because of the uncertainty around the debt and production output, but the CBA bank is likely going to give them another chance to repay the debt after waterflood result (increased production) and finally selling more oil. They have secured higher oil price by hedging it over $50 for the year. Breakeven price $30 per barrel. GL. DYOR etc.
    Nighthawk Energy is a conventional oil co.

#1050 sutzki, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  11. fireopal

WOW was out today and see AAOI down big time - sell triggered so not much $$ but better shopping now. EXAS also sold & think commission was covered on that one lol. CLF - EXPR sold for some nice green.

Still holding BOOT - BCRX etc. Off to check into some shopping for Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

12. sutzki

sutzki New Member

Nighthawk Energy is a conventional oil co.
    Company website
    Nighthawk Energy is among the leading independent oil and natural gas companies operating in the Denver-Julesburg (DJ) Basin of Colorado, USA.

13. fireopal

Sold BOOT. Picked up DNR - KGC (nice block buys on Friday.) Back in GNC. Watching a bunch

14. fireopal

Sold GNC. Missed but watching JMEI (bottom play) - AROC peeked through 50 ma but needs more vol.

15. fireopal

Got too caught up with watching little ones and totally missed LOXO pop :mad:

16. fireopal

Stock friend told me about this and grabbed some to play with before heading off earlier and back to line up plays for morning and posting this in case anyone else might be interested :) TSR Announces a $1.00 Per Share Special Cash Dividend - "...Board of Directors has declared a special one-time cash dividend of $1.00 per share with respect to its common stock, payable on July 14, 2017 to stockholders of record as of June 16, 2017..." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tsr-announces-1-00-per-170000854.html

17. fireopal

So wish i had connected with friend that has been playing TSRI much sooner and was hoping for nice round $2 profit but way too extended & not much play time today so took $1.55.May try for another play in the morning.

Real nice SAGE (news) move today. OVAS had enrollment completion news but see that didn't do much for PPS but it along with MACK has to come up off that bottom sooner or later plus OVAS insiders still holding at much higher levels so keeping both on watch.

Just finished checking into some plays and adding more of watch list for tomorrow that is subject to change :) JNUG - GLYC - SGMS - INO - IMGN - ACHN - ALDX (low vol stock but conf call in morning about 2b results.)

#1057 fireopal, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  18. fireopal

19. fireopal

Bought/sold ATNX and got back in for what i thought was going to be a swing but not completely sure - might pull back into $11's again. Just picked up a few INO under $8.

20. fireopal

Checking on stocks and ANTX is my only green - everything else red. Added a few more INO to the red and headed back outside to play in the pool. :)