Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Stockaholics Workout Thread!

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by bigbear0083, Mar 31, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Weekly Update

WEIGHT/DIET

Weight today was 161.9. Moving average weight is sitting at 161.7. Up 0.4lbs from last Monday. That would add about 1.5-2lbs per month, which is about the speed of weight gain I was hoping for. Will continue with this amount of calories for the foreseeable future (2600cal/day). Meal prepped again this week. Next week will be challenging because I will be traveling for work for the first time in years. Calorie tracking will be more challenging but I'll be as accurate as I can and make sure I get my protein and calories in every day.

EXERCISES
    Main 5 compound exercises below. Will highlight a few accessories that I made progres on occasionally as well.
    • Bench - currently trying to get 32 reps within 4 sets at 120lb (last session hit 20 reps)
    • Squat - next session will be attempting 32 reps within 4 sets at 170lb (last session hit 32 reps at 165lb)
    • Deadlift - next session will be attempting 12 reps within 2 sets at 175lb (last session hit 12 reps at 165lb)
    • Barbell Row - next session will be attempting 32 reps within 4 sets at 150lb (last session hit 27 reps at 150lb)
    • OHP - next session will be attempting 25 reps within 3 sets at 85lb (last session hit 25 reps at 75lb)
    • Leg Press - Hit 3x10 for 300lbs, thought was pretty cool last week. Estimated 1RM is 400lb!

I'll highlight squats this week. Made great progress the whole time I've been on this program. When I used to be on Stronglifts 5x5 I made the same progress, but it was only 5 sets of 5 reps. This is 4 sets of 8 reps, which is significantly harder in my opinion. I capped out at 170lbs when doing 5x5 and it was with bad form. My form has been on point so far in this new program (in my opinion) and I hit 4x8 at 165, so should be attempting 170lbs tomorrow.

upload_2019-2-4_19-29-1.png

upload_2019-2-4_19-28-48.png

Current Results and Goals

New goals set for February. Last month I hit every goal that I set for January except bench press (off by 1lb - I know I could have hit this if I would have lowered the weight and just pushed out an extra rep, so it's not too bad), Cable one arm row (same as bench - missed by 0.66 but could have pulled another rep in the first set if I wanted to), and Barbell Curl (missed by 3.33lb - again, could have hit this if I did extra reps in the early sets). Not disappointed with anything really. First picture below is February goals, 2nd picture is how I finished January.

upload_2019-2-4_19-30-11.png

upload_2019-2-4_19-33-57.png

bigbear0083 likes this.