The Stockaholics Members Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Forum support' started by Stockaholic, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

OK, so I have been meaning to setup a thread like this on here for the longest time now, and as we're just a few weeks into the new year I feel now was probably a good time than any to start this thread in here. The purpose of this thread is simple -- to collect member input & feedback from the Stockaholics community on what people would like to see more of here at this forum.

I have gotten a couple of pm's and e-mails from a handful of members here during the past couple of weeks in regards to what people would like to see here, but sometimes it can be a little difficult for me to follow along when it's not publicly disclosed on the forums, and the only people who are offering their opinions are the same people within that PM or e-mail.

So, the nice thing about this thread here will be that it will be publicly seen from the entire Stockaholics community, and whoever feels the need to chime in with their 2c they can easily do so in this thread. I think this way of conducting this in here will be much more beneficial and useful than doing it via a mass-pm or mass-email so we can get as much input from the community as possible.

So, w/o getting into further ado here, I'd be curious to hear what you guys would like to see here at Stockaholics in 2017 and beyond? This can range from pretty much anything, from a new thread idea that you may have, or a forum feature you would like to see added here, anything that you think would be useful to have for members of this community...

You guys may have noticed that @T0rm3nted & @Tiptopptrader have been hitting it hard here at Stockaholics really ever since late last year in an attempt to getting people joining and interacting here at the forums. And sure enough, we have seen quite a nice little pick up in new members in that time!

A few examples would be @T0rm3nted's upcoming earnings thread, dividend calendars, inside trading tracking, and analyst upgrades/downgrades threads, pretty much all of the things that people would find useful for trading. I think he's got most of the necessities nailed down pretty nicely on that front. But, if there is anything else that you guys think we might be missing here...be sure to chime in to this thread and let us know what that is and we'll try to have that added as well!

All ideas are welcomed, so if you have idea for the boards that you think would be helpful for members please don't shy away and be sure to post it up in here. Or else we really won't know with 100% certainty what people are truly looking for, and sending PM's and e-mails are nice, but not everyone will see it. Posting it up in a thread like this which is accessible & view-able to everyone in the community would be the best to get maximum input from everyone.

Looking forward to hearing some good feedback from our members in here. And, even if you're just a casual lurker who doesn't participate much in the community interaction, I'd be grateful to hear your input on this front as well.

Thanks to all and happy trading. :)

Value543 likes this.
  2. homosapienfromterra

homosapienfromterra Active Member

I have noticed that strongly branded companies tend to command higher stock prices but the price does not reflect the value returned to the share holder.
    Do some members out there want to seek out stocks before they become popular or maybe after they have been heavily shorted by looking for value?
    Would people be interested in an Investors value thread?
    We could have explanation on specific technicals like;
    Piotroski f score - for value
    Altman z score - for financials
    Pointers to websites that do value figures like DCF on gurufocus.com
    There are many more, if so would it be useful to have these metrics explained compared and kicked around? May be what to look for in financials? What is the significance of a low quick ratio figure and rising inventories for instance.
    May be people could post up their picks for value analysis.
    Comments always always welcome.

Stockaholic and twerpner like this.
  3. Stockaholic

4. Stockaholic

Just in case anyone missed it earlier this morning I setup a daily P&L thread for you guys as this was one of the things that I got a request from via e-mail the other day. If you guys recall we used to have a thread like this over on the old HSM boards as well.
    Keep the great suggestions coming in! Preferably in this thread though so everyone can see it and comment on it. Thx! :)

5. Stockaholic

So, here is another idea that has been brought up by a couple of people as of late...if y'all recall this was something that we had going on the old HSM boards. They were Analyst Ranks. This was basically a title that was given to certain members who either contributed the most on the boards, or consistently posted up great content. Such as charts, or analysis, etc. This was basically a way to get members some recognition for their contributions on Stockaholics.

For example on HSM we had ranks like:

Junior Analyst
    Senior Analyst
    Stock God
    etc..

But, perhaps we could come up with different names for each rank here at Stockaholics. Just curious if any of you guys had anything in mind for ideas as far as title names are concerned that could be used in case this was ever implemented in the future?

6. Value543

Value543 Well-Known Member

Always fun -- I'm not sure how they were quantified before - but a lot of folks do post greats insights, too many people to mention...I'd feel bad for leaving someone out! Maybe another for achieving (and maintaining? that might be too hard!?) a certain score on the Weekly...then Monthly..then Quarterly..and ultimately Yearly S&P polls? Who knows, just spit balling...