ThinkOrSwim outside US (Willing to pay)

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by Frenzyy, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Frenzyy

Frenzyy New Member

Hi, does anyone know of a way to access TOS outside of the US? I live in the UK. I knew a way about a year ago which worked for 6 months but they ended up blocking it so thought I'd try on here.
    To be honest, if somebody lives in the US and is not using it and wouldn't mind sharing it then reach out. I'd be willing to pay if not for free...

Thanks.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Thats just slightly illegal, you are better off with a local broker, or try internationalbrokers.com which have an amazing daytrading platform and is in the UK.

Other options are also a new one called TastyWorks.

3. Frenzyy

Frenzyy New Member

I'm not looking to trade using TOS. I've different brokers... Just wanted to use the charting and OnDemand feature...

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If you're only using it for charting, can't you just start a PAPER trading account there? Not quite sure if that would work or not.

Also, TradingView can do a lot of the good stuff as ThinkOrSwim if you're just looking for free software.

5. Frenzyy

Frenzyy New Member

Paper trading doesn't have real time data & OnDemand- two features I want most from it. TradingView only offers BATS data which is not good enough for day trading. I'm using DAS at the moment and it's day & night difference between DAS and TV, DAS is way better. However, neither of them allow me to go back in time and get tick by tick data.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The charts in ToS are real-time, even when paper trading. You're right though, quotes and stuff are delayed by 15 minutes I believe.

7. Frenzyy

Frenzyy New Member

The charts are not real time when u download the paper trading version. Just double checked. Everything is delayed by 20mins.

8. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

international brokers ? are they russian, G?
    or did you pretend instead saying interactive brokers?

9. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting. When I hate the paper trading software, the charts were real time, but everything else was 20 minutes delayed, including the prices just outside the chart area haha. I guess they've changed that in the last year or so.

10. Frenzyy

Frenzyy New Member

It used to be- exactly as you say. :)

11. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

I can't speak for OnDemand, but TradingView has real-time data for free as well as a paper trading option.