Total Newbie Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mcb1961, Jul 19, 2017.

1. mcb1961

mcb1961 New Member

want to learn how to trade and basically know nothing.. have a few shares got from work and want to know if I can slowly learn and parlay that into something ,, not looking ot become a millionaire just wanting to learn to make a few dollars in trading. Thanks for any help out there and if anyone would like to be a mentor I would be eternally grateful!

Gray Wolf likes this.
  2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums. Lots of things to learn but getting the basics down is not that difficult. Do you know what style of investing is most attractive to you? Do you want to be active and day trade or do short term trends or longer term value or dividend plays? I'm not sure if you found this forum yet, https://stockaholics.net/forums/educational-videos-and-material.20/ It has some pretty good stuff to get you started. Also do not hesitate to post questions in the other forums. Join us in live chat if you have time, most activity is on market days.

3. markbinsc

markbinsc New Member

Welcome Mcb, I'm new here myself but I've understood markets for a while but surely no expert. Just learn all you can and have patience. I heard a quote once to the effect, "Enthusiasm is required for most endeavors but can cost you in the stock market", and tho that's not word for word you get the point. That has helped me.

4. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

Hi Mcb welcome aboard ... IMO JerryM already gave you a good advice .. start from yourself then you will see which road you want to take ..

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard mcb! Hope to see you around the forums

6. mcb1961

mcb1961 New Member

Thank you all Appreciate the suport!