Trade War Hawk Thread

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Onepoint272, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Kyle Bass interviews Steve Bannon, former White House Chief Strategist, to discuss America's current geopolitical landscape regarding China. Bannon and Bass take a deep dive into Chinese infiltration in U.S. institutions, China’s aggressiveness in the South China sea, and the potential for global conflict in the next few years. Filmed on October 5, 2018 at an undisclosed location.

Trahn Thompson and Stockaholic like this.
  2. Onepoint272

From the February 13, 2006 Issue of The Nation:

The Party of Davos

American business elites in Davos for the World Economic Forum are far more interested in global markets and corporate investors than they are in ordinary Americans' needs.
    By Jeff Faux

https://www.thenation.com/article/party-davos/

Stockaholic likes this.
  3. Onepoint272

The Emergency Economic Powers Act Gives President Trump A Lot Of Leeway
    Posted at 2:00 pm on August 24, 2019 by Mike Ford

….My understanding of the 1977 Legislation may or may not support an Executive Order for U.S. companies to leave China. It does however, plainly and fully support such orders prohibiting any transfer of goods, services or money. That means The President can effectively and with the stroke of a pen, stop all commerce between the United States and China.

Will he go that far? Unlikely—and here’s why. A short while ago, I penned a short piece where I counted coup on a prediction I had made earlier regarding China and the movement of U.S. firms from there to more salubrious climes. My take, is that despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, The President’s “order” is merely going to be an incentive to accelerate an ongoing process....

https://www.redstate.com/darth641/2019/08/24/680926/

Bodacious and Stockaholic like this.
  4. Onepoint272

President Trump answers question regarding the Emergency Economic Powers Act at 1:00 minute into this clip addressing reporters as he departs the White House for G7 summit in France.

Stockaholic likes this.
  5. Onepoint272

This is bigger than just a "trade" war.

American Thought Leaders - The Epoch Times
    Premiered Jun 3, 2019

Subscribe 115K
    In the US China trade war, what’s behind the Chinese communist party’s (CCP’s) strategy, with Liu He walking away from the trade talks at the last minute? What’s the real relationship between Chinese telecom giant Huawei, and the CCP’s quest for global 5G dominance? And how is this all a much, much bigger issue than just trade?

This is American Thought Leaders and I’m Jan Jekielek.

Today we sit down with General Robert Spalding, who was a Brigadier General in the US Air Force, chief China strategist for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon, and a Senior Strategic Planner for the White House, at the National Security Council. Now, he’s a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute.

T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  6. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

7. Onepoint272

Exiled Chinese Billionaire's Accusations of China...and why Jack Ma retired, the assignment of his BABA shares to CCP leadership, and what will happen to Jack Ma...and a warning to get your money out of China.

#7 Onepoint272, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    OldFart likes this.