VZIO - Vizio Holding Corp

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Mar 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Vizio Holding Corp., through its subsidiaries, offers Smart TVs, sound bars, speakers, and remote controls in the United States. It operates SmartCast operating system that delivers content and applications; supports various streaming content apps, such as Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Peacock, and YouTube TV; and hosts ad-supported apps, WatchFree, and VIZIO Free Channels. The company also offers advertising and related services, such as Ad inventory, promotional ads, and viewing data; data licensing; and content distribution, transactions, and promotion services. The company was founded in 2002 and is based in Irvine, California.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This is nice to see!

I remember walking into Costco about 15yrs ago and seeing this weird brand called Vizio. I knew nothing about it other than it was cheap and big!

I bought it!

3 Vizio TV's later, of ever increasing size, and I still use this brand daily.

3. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Never knew it was publicly traded. One to look at. They have a special deal with WAL-MART that moves a lot of product. Most of our stuff is Vizio :D that name got my attention and started looking around. Dejavu:cool2:

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im sure stories like ours are everywhere.

Vizio came in as a low cost competitor at a time when the whole LCD vs Plasma thing was in full force.

5. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

Just hit the street last week. Took off with a bang,still digging.

We buy the cheap stuff, why pay top prices for a name.