Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Mystery Chart & Technical Analysis Challenge (4/16-4/20)

Cy's official Stockaholics thread archives group.

?

Will this mystery chart end Higher or Lower for the week?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2018.
  1. Higher.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lower.

100.0%
  1. bigbear0083

bigbear0083 Content Manager
    Staff Member

Weekly Mystery Chart & Technical Analysis Challenge (4/16-4/20)
    (Read this first post for the new Stockaholics Weekly Mystery Chart Challenge)

[​IMG]

Congrats to @twerpner the Stockaholics Weekly Mystery Chart Winner for the Week of (4/9-4/13)!

*Link to Previous Weekly Mystery Chart Thread*

Weekly Mystery Chart Chart & Technical Analysis Challenge Rules:

1.) I will post a chart stripped of its price and indicators.

2.) Members are encouraged to guess the mystery chart for the week. The first contestant to correctly identify the mystery chart will receive 10 points in the members leaderboard. You cannot duplicate someone's mystery chart guess. Only the first person to correctly identify the mystery chart wins the 10 points. The mystery chart ticker and winner of the 10 points will be revealed sometime on Monday after the market opens.

3.) Members will also need to vote on the direction of the mystery chart for the week (meaning Friday's close), you will have up until the 9:30am eastern market open on the first trading day of the week. There will be a new poll up for each new week. Members who correctly predict the direction of the mystery stock (Up or Down) will receive 5 points in the members leaderboard for the week.

4.) Members who also provide some rationale for their direction vote (this can be brief) will be awarded another 2 points in the members leaderboard.

5.) All members who "participate" will receive 1 point for the week.

6.) The member who correctly guesses the mystery chart for the week will also get exclusive rights to pick out the next mystery chart for following week's challenge as well as a couple of hints of your choice (you would need to PM me your ticker so that I can have it posted for next week's pick! You would have until Friday of that week to send it in).

7.) We will only be using 1-year daily charts for all mystery charts, unless otherwise stated.

8.) Stocks that have earnings or ex-div dates in the coming week are not permitted as mystery charts for the competitions.

9.) In the case of a no-winners week where not one member was able to correctly identify the mystery chart for the week, the previous week's winner (chart picker) will once again have the rights to pick out the mystery chart for the following week.

10.) These are just some rules to get us started for now. If you guys see anything that we need to add or tweak here please do let us know!

Remember...the direction poll closes at the opening bell on Monday, April 16th! So try to get those votes in ASAP!

So, w/o getting into further ado here is your mystery chart for this week!

(Chart to be posted here after market close on Friday.)

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics Weekly Mystery Chart Winners List-
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics Mystery Chart Challenge members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

2. bigbear0083

Staff Member

*Link to Previous Weekly Mystery Chart Thread*

Congratulations to this past week's mystery chart winner and 2nd time winner of the Weekly Mystery Chart in 2018! (1st time winner in Q2!)-

@twerpner

[​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics Weekly Mystery Chart Winners List-
    [​IMG]

Congratulations to this week's mystery chart poll winners from this past week!-

@bigbear0083
    @twerpner
    @Three Eyes
    @anotherdevilsadvocate

This week's mystery chart (JBHT) ends the week UP!

START (4/6 CLOSE): 109.93
    FINISH (4/13 CLOSE): 112.61 (+2.44%)

[​IMG]

Here is a look at the mystery chart weekly members leaderboard as of week ending 4.13.18-
    @Three Eyes is still our current leader with 19 points this quarter! :cool:
    [​IMG]

Click the button below to view the 2018 Stockaholics Mystery Chart Challenge members leaderboard-
    [​IMG]

Whelp, that is a wrap from me this week ... and I hope you all have an awesome weekend ahead! Have fun and be safe! Cheers y'alls! :cool:

...and please do not forget to click in your vote on the poll & post your vote before the opening bell on Monday!!!

3. bigbear0083

Staff Member

having no idea what @twerpner's chart is and seeing as i will be out all weekend and likely won't be back until monday's open i'll have to throw in a blindfolded vote in here. my dart(vote) hits down for this week lol :p

@twerpner will be posting his mystery chart & hints sometime this weekend i believe so stay tuned for that.

have a great w/e everyone! :)

4. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Here is the mystery chart for this week. Its got just under 6 months of of daily data. Good luck!

Attached Files:

5. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Hint #1: A cloud software company whose clients include Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T among others.

6. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Hint #2: This company has its headquarters in Bridgewater, NJ and this coming June will be celebrating its 12th anniversary of going public.

7. Three Eyes

Three Eyes Active Member

I'm voting down. That doji on Friday combined with overbought territory I think portends a few down days.

SNCR 2018-04-15 at 7.54.53 PM.png

Never heard of this firm before! :rolleyes:

bigbear0083, twerpner and Onepoint272 like this.
  8. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

Well done @Three Eyes .

I admit these guys are more or less unknown, but I have an eye on them for a good "turnaround story" if you will. I bought some beginning of this year only to see it crash (along with the rest of the market), and now I'm in the green on them. Hoping the bottom has already come and gone!

Three Eyes likes this.
  9. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I like the new up/down vote addition here!... minimal effort required:D

going with down... last candle is flirting with the top of that big ugly red supply candle from December

10. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess UP. It looks like it has been undergoing absorption over the past month or so.

bigbear0083 likes this.
  11. bigbear0083

Staff Member

Midweek Mystery Chart Update-

START (4/13 CLOSE): 11.62
    CURRENT (4/18 CLOSE): 11.95 (+2.84%)

[​IMG]

12. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Oh man this is SNCR? I was stumped. What happened in July-September last year? The chart just flatlines like it was set to be acquired, but the sale fell through? I'm certain that's what it had to be, as there were also gaps before and after.

13. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

You nailed it on the head @anotherdevilsadvocate. An all cash deal fell through for them and they had some accounting problems as well which lead to the deal getting pulled off the table IIRC.

I tried to make this one a little harder as the last time I did a mystery chart I went with SQ and it was guessed in a matter of minutes..