What are some of the best low cost stocks to buy right now?

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Ethan Haust, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Ethan Haust

Ethan Haust New Member

Newbie invester. I already have about $300 in the market, and $200 to spend. Looking to buy multiple shares of said stock that has a good outlook.

Thanks.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

MSFT, GOOG, AAPL, AMZN in the next few weeks if we see some serious sell offs.

TomB16 likes this.
  3. JaysonW

JaysonW Member

If you're willing to jump into oil services and have a long-term outlook, Schlumberger (SLB) looks amazing.

4. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

There's a reason oil-related stock prices are collapsing. Check out the break-even prices for oil production of open fields: Only the Arabian Peninsula can produce oil below $40 per barrel and still make a profit down to $27.

oil breakevens.jpeg

TomB16 likes this.
  5. BrendonA

BrendonA New Member

Because their big/stable companies (I lack the financial knowledge as of now to use the correct terms) and are just oversold for the time being due to coronavirus panic but the fundamental business structure is still intact?

TomB16 likes this.
  6. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

Disney. They're buying up the entertainment world and right now they're dropping.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Amazon is not dropping with the rest of the market, they are looking to hire even more employees because people are ordering more shit for home delivery.

Not all companies are being hit by this pandemic.

8. Romil C Patel

Romil C Patel New Member

I don't think the market has stopped dropping, but I expect that BRK.A/BRK.B will emerge a winner when it does.

First off, Berkshire Hathaway invests in the following:
    1. Non-insurance operating businesses
    2. Equity investments
    3. Shared control businesses
    4. Cash and cash equivalents
    5. Insurance operations
    The book value of Berkshire is 441 billion, but its market cap is lower, which is abnormal for a company like Berkshire, which has appreciating and cash flowing assets. On top of that, they have high margins and ROE of 9%, compared with the industry average of 5%. Also, ROE is very high for some companies due to having large amounts of debt, but BRK doesn't have any and they have a large cash pile on top of that, 30% of AUM.

If you are more interested in the underlying, here is a more in-depth bottom-up fundamental analysis for value investors: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...e-market-goes-up/id1496409901?i=1000469004343

If you have any more questions just ask!