What stocks are on your radar for next week?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

This week's market swoon is setting up nice swing trade opportunities in some (mostly) high quality companies. Too many to mention, but here's a couple I'll be studying over the weekend.

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 5.49.35 PM.png

2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

^^ good stuff there @Three Eyes! and ty for the thread bump for this weekend :D

Three Eyes likes this.
  3. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

@Three Eyes
    what is you idea with those ones? Quick flips, swings, b&h....? Pointing all these options considering your note about being high quality companies.

Three Eyes likes this.
  4. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

I gave a look at all of them and my 2 cents are (in tech terms) AVGO (around 280), PANW (here), AYX sound more promising to me. Good luck anyway!

Three Eyes likes this.
  5. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Thanks, @rg7803 Always nice to get 2nd opinions on these boards!

Great observation there. These are intended to be short-term swings (a couple weeks to a couple months depending on how they play out). Ideal cases would be relatively quick swings where---after some price appreciation---I sell most of the position but keep a few shares for long-term. Hence, the “quality” caveat.

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Stoch

Stoch Well-Known Member

I added Valero to my dividend account to diversify with the other mostly utilities, materials, and Reits. All are returning 3-7%. A value stock with a PE of 12 and a 4% dividend. It will swing with the price of oil but that's really not what its there for. I would be happy if it just holds it value, returns a decent dividend. At least until I can get more than 2.25% from an online bank (or 0.15% from my local bank).

Stockaholic and Onepoint272 like this.
  7. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

LTC properties, a REIT invested in senior housing and health care properties, is paying a monthly divvy of 19 cents, 5% annualized at the current price. If it can get back up to the 54.20 high that would be 19% price appreciation from here.

As I see it, health care for the aging population is the McDonalds of the 1960s and I recall Ray Kroc famously saying he was in the real estate business.

Monthly bars as of May 10th:
    upload_2019-5-11_18-15-3.png

#187 Onepoint272, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  8. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Any of you know this company, K12 ?

lrn.png

T0rm3nted and Onepoint272 like this.
  9. Onepoint272

I had not heard of it, but it sounds like a great business idea. The stock is in the mark-up phase after basing 3 1/4 years. A point and figure count using a 75-cent box and a 3-box reversal gives a target of $51, about 60% more upside from here. Recently though after bulging above the uptrend channel (oversold), it came off the top with heavy volume. Likely there is too much public involvement and stronger hands need to re-accumulate it. A good one for the watch list I think.

Weekly:
    upload_2019-5-12_14-47-51.png

T0rm3nted, Stockaholic and Three Eyes like this.
  10. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

11. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

$BBT.C - Benchmark Botanics LOI with China-Based Zhejiang Yatai Pharmaceutical to Create, Develop and Market a Variety of High Content CBD Products

#cannabis #stocks, #investing, #China, #CBD,

Onepoint272 likes this.
  12. Stockaholic

bump for the long weekend!

13. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Looks like I should keep an eye on ACIA if it can get closer to the line connecting higher lows. That is still more than 7% away from today's price though.
    [​IMG]

Stockaholic and Three Eyes like this.
  14. anotherdevilsadvocate

CONN is reporting earnings this week.
    [​IMG]
    It's currently at the bottom of this range that it's been in for almost 2 years now.
    And it doesn't seem to deserve to be so near the bottom.

P/E=9.8 with 23% growth rate
    It's got 32% of the shares short, and only 13M shares floated. A couple quarters ago there were 4.5M shares traded after the ER.

Stockaholic and Three Eyes like this.
  15. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

16. Stockaholic

17. Stoch

Stoch Well-Known Member

I was really attracted to CONNs stats last week, nice PE and growth, really looked like a good find but boy did they blow up after earnings. Luckily just could not justify a retail investment at this point of the trade war, GDP deceleration, etc but still a good find

[​IMG]

Stockaholic likes this.
  18. Onepoint272

Last week Kraft-Heinz fell out of bed again. Back in February they reported a $10.34/share loss and lowered the quarterly dividend from 63 cents to 40 cents. Even with that divvy cut they are still currently yielding 5.8%. A point and figure count of the last trading range using 65-minute data and a 25-cent-box with a 3-box-reversal gives a target of $22.25 where the yield will be 7.2%.

Name-brands are not doing well in this age of Costco/Kirkland, Walmart/Great Value, and the whole Amazon phenom, but I don't think Kraft and Heinz products will be coming off the store shelves anytime soon.

Monthly Bars:
    upload_2019-6-2_5-21-37.png

VicWo and Stockaholic like this.
  19. anotherdevilsadvocate

Looking back, I think I should have been warned that the chart didn't show any upward support. And it was still in a downward trend.

Might be near a horizontal price support now, retesting the December low. And I suspect it will eventually bounce to fill the ER gap, because it actually beat EPS estimates. Just couldn't break the downtrend yet.

Analysts have got a 23% growth rate on it so PEG is just 0.3 lol, just keeping an eye if downgrades come out.

Stockaholic likes this.
  20. anotherdevilsadvocate

Keeping an eye on FTNT as it nears the 60s.
    [​IMG]

It's been pulling back from a double top, but that resistance is not a concern. The whole cybersecurity sector is consolidating (only CYBR is in an upward channel, but it too has stayed in that channel).
    I guess fundamentally the weakness since their Q1 ER can be explained since their revenues declined on a sequential quarter basis. But that always happens with these guys, so that is not a concern either. The flip side to that coin is revenues always increase back up to that point in time. So smooth sailing for the next 3 quarters, once the market bottoms?

Stockaholic likes this.